Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Attacked on N4 last night moving a cone

Options
  • 27-12-2007 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭

I was driving home from work on the N4 last night after 3am and i spotted a cone in the middle of one of the lanes near palmerstown . So as it wasn't busy i though i'd throw the cone off the road as i though it was dangerous where it was. In the process of leaving my car a number of glass bottles were thrown in my direction one smashing beside my feet :mad: . As you'd imagine i got out of there very quickly and left the cone as it was . Obviously the f**kers setup some sort of ambush to either someone hit the cone or something. I rang the guards anyway to let them know.

I won't bother in the future now to do anything like that again. Sad state of affairs when you try and do a good deed and this is what happens.:(

If that wasn't enough when i was on the Malahide Road, some drunken lout ran into the middle of the road waving his hands and acting the prick and blocked me from passing then asks for a light, needless to say i was still pissed off and asked the silly f**k had he a death wish and to cop onto himself. I noticed alot of people last night stumbling down the middle of the bus lane in a vegative state...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Stephens night is crazy every year. Always loads of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Last night was one of the biggest drinking nights of the year - definitely one to drive with caution.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

something similar happened to me on christmas eve, walking back from the pub in the dalkey area. 3 asshole drunk teenagers were putting pint glasses on the road for cars to drive over. i tried to warn an oncomming car but it ignored me and drove straight over it. little bastards started giving me abuse for trying to stop them.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭ZygOte

If that wasn't enough when i was on the Malahide Road, some drunken lout ran into the middle of the road waving his hands and acting the prick and blocked me from passing then asks for a light, needless to say i was still pissed off and asked the silly f**k had he a death wish and to cop onto himself. I noticed alot of people last night stumbling down the middle of the bus lane in a vegative state...

heres hoping darwinism will take care of these type of people

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I remember the days when I used to cycle home late at night from friends' houses. Loads of drunk people running out at me shouting "Taxi! Taxi!". I used to be terrified.

I remember reading a piece in some newspaper before where the writer was driving home through a southside area, some rugby louts tried to attack her in the car and one of them managed to open her boot and climb in. Didn't sound like the most pleasant of experiences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ZygOte wrote: »
    something similar happened to me on christmas eve, walking back from the pub in the dalkey area. 3 asshole drunk teenagers were putting pint glasses on the road for cars to drive over. i tried to warn an oncomming car but it ignored me and drove straight over it. little bastards started giving me abuse for trying to stop them.

It was obvious that the cone was intentially put there. Anyway thinking back they could have stole the car if i'd went over to the cone. :mad:

..well thats what your up against..A few nominees for the darwin award alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Stark wrote: »
    I remember reading a piece in some newspaper before where the writer was driving home through a southside area, some rugby louts tried to attack her in the car and one of them managed to open her boot and climb in. Didn't sound like the most pleasant of experiences.

I read a similar piece about a woman on Leeson Street. Don't recall any mention of them being rugby players, so it must be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They weren't rugby players, they were D4 heads in rugby jerseys from what I remember of the article. I think it was the same article, Leeson street sounds familiar.

Advertisement