Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

People second-guessing your driving...AFTER you've passed

Options
  • 27-12-2007 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I'm just wondering if this happens to other people too? Like having a 'back seat driver' who insists on commenting on everything you do.

Over Christmas I've been driving my dad about so he can partake of a few sips (I don't drink) and his best comment came last night as I was changing lanes on a dual carriageway (yes I looked, indicated, looked again, then crossed the line)....'I hope you checked your mirrors before you did that'. No, clearly I did it with my eyes shut.

Driving is a constant learning experience which I fully understand, but comments like that I really don't see the point of. Does this happen to everyone?! And is it worse with family? Is my driving that bad? lol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

My dad makes comments from time to time if he thinks I might be developing a bad habit. It's not something to be taken personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 MollyCoddle

Mine does it every time we're in the car...and it's not exactly constructive most of the time. Obviously I'd expect him to point out something unsafe etc. but the 'oh I hope you looked before you changed lanes'...of course I did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Macca206

Id guess that maybe the "few sips" had something to do with it. It seems more to do with your dad making the transition from ebing the parent of a child to an adult

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

That's a consiquence of driving your dad around. He wouldn't say it to a taxi driver but he would say it to you simply because he's your Dad. That's familys... :rolleyes:

Advertisement