Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Well done RTE

• 27-12-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭

...for showing partial frontal nudity at 3 pm on RTE1. Yes, that's right, they showed the uncensored version of Titanic with all the kiddies watching and I for one would lie to say, well done. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh no, boobs.

this was done last year, and was complained about last year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its hardly pron is it, just the side view of her tit, and its in an ok context, imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

RTE don't censor films. Unlike UTV and BBC1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Erm, I wasn't being sarcastic. I congratulate them for leaving movies uncensored. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Haha brilliant. Remember that show, 'Mailbag' was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Its now back on the radio in the form of emailbag on ray darcys todayfm show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Funny, the critics will talk about the kids when complaining, but the kids actually don't give a f#*k! As far as I concerned I have no problem with my kids seeing a bit of boobs and bottoms, after all, that's all they are...

Zynks wrote: »
    Funny, the critics will talk about the kids when complaining, but the kids actually don't give a f#*k! As far as I concerned I have no problem with my kids seeing a bit of boobs and bottoms, after all, that's all they are...
    It's just aul ones moaning, cos theirs have gone south many moons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    It's just aul ones moaning, cos theirs have gone south many moons ago.

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

BFassassin wrote: »
    Its now back on the radio in the form of emailbag on ray darcys todayfm show.

a bit unfair comparring ray darcy radio show to mail bag

unfair to mailbag that is , the bag in mailbag had more personality than darcy

• Advertisement

moe_sizlak wrote: »
    unfair to mailbag that is , the bag in mailbag had more personality than darcy

Ray Darcy has no personality? What? Man is the only thing worth listening to on radio these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

+1 Well done RTE.
    I forgot how hot Kate Winslet is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Haha brilliant. Remember that show, 'Mailbag' was it?

Arthur Murphy will be spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

I found it funny that they blanked out the word "fcuking" but left "bastards" ..oh, as does Boards :rolleyes:

I found it funny that they blanked out the word "fcuking" but left "bastards" ..oh, as does Boards :rolleyes:

Bastard is in the dictionary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,310 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Bastard is in the dictionary.

so is ****ing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If someone actually seriously complains about a completely normal body part (for women, obviously only some men have boobs) I will actually spend a good part of the week laughing. I think we should go back to Victorian times and start censoring legs! They're disgusting! :rolleyes:

Don't RTE usually show Titanic during the day anyway? They definitely did last year.

I object to RTE showing Titanic in the first place. Not a fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

janeybabe wrote: »
    Don't RTE usually show Titanic during the day anyway? They definitely did last year.

Yep. I'm pretty sure this is the 3rd Christmas in a row that they've shown it, too, and the 3rd Christmas in a row that I've sat down and watched it :o What can I say, I have a soft spot for it.

As for RTE , I'm glad they don't censor things, like say, ITV, do. They absolutely butcher some movies, even if they're shown at night.

Advertisement