Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

can i bring this phone back?

• 27-12-2007 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

am googling and stuff but maybe some one knows a quick answer?

i was sick over xmas but bought a phone 5 days ago in cpw - on meteor upgrade

but the phone is nothing like i'd expected - for the price i could of added a bit more for a smartphone - the guy said somethign about changing it but i was dosed up on meds to be honest

a mate says there is a 14 day trial period , but i think thats with new things like a trial of skype on three etc?

the phone works (g600) just definitely not a me phone - if that makes sense

and sory if i sound lazy - honestly just not with it ad if i wait til better might of missed so deadline ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

If it was a bill pay upgrade, yes, you do have a 14 day grace period to cancel the upgrade once the phone is returned completely and undamaged. If it's PayG (which is doubtful considering the phone), then you've no chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i was sick over xmas but bought a phone 5 days ago in cpw - on meteor upgrade

but the phone is nothing like i'd expected - for the price i could of added a bit more for a smartphone - the guy said somethign about changing it but i was dosed up on meds to be honest

a mate says there is a 14 day trial period , but i think thats with new things like a trial of skype on three etc?

the phone works (g600) just definitely not a me phone - if that makes sense

thanks

unless the phone is faulty but you say it works then maybe the CPW have some policy of returning un-wanted presents? it would most likely have to be un-opened or unused if this was the case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

its a billpay upgrade yip - he said something to me but i can't recall -

does anyone have expereince of the phone ?- not really played with but no wifi etc, seems a very simple phone in essence , and for the price crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

unlike the uk, irish consumers have no automatic right of return, cpw could say go get stuffed if it was prepay. Quite unfriendly but within the law. Best thing would for you to try get the upgrade revoked with meteor. Not sure of the full ins and outs of this but generally i haven't seen it done for change of mind, rather for wrong info being given or on the claim of misleading advertising. Give it a go anyway, you must act asap and preferably within the 14 days mentioned. Being up on the meds as you say isn't a valid excuse if the sales consultant at the time provided accurate information. Meteor don't really "do" smartphones bar the n73 and e65.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

i bought my mum phone for xmas but wasnt sure she would like it...she likes the basic easy to use ones.anyways asked guy in CPW could she change it if wasnt right and he said ya sure no probs as long as she didnt register for the free credit...was upgrade on pay as u go. anyways was passing shop today and decided to drag her in to choose herself cept didnt have phone with us to return. guy said if we wanted to buy on she wants today and bring back the other before 8th jan (2 weeks after purchase) id get the cash back for it. anyways in the end i said id bring back the other one and swop it all in one go just in case i get landed with 2 phones...but in fairness there seemed to be no problem with doing all that...again just as long is before 2 weeks are up and phone hasnt been registered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I got the G600 this Christmas. Previous was an N70. Initially didn't like the Samsung, very slim/slight phone (especially compared with the N70) didn't feel right in my hand. Don't do much (any) browsing so I can't comment there. Really excellent camera onboard which I like, but at the moment I'm still undecided on this phone. If you bought billpay, try and have a look at the terms&conditions, or maybe run it by meteor before approaching CPW

Advertisement