Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game trading, standard pricing?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

I bought a copy of wwe smackdown vs raw 2008 about a week ago in GAME for 25 euro, twas a god awful game and I decided to trade it in my local xtravision today. They offered me 18 euro. I took it because I wanted rid of the game.

If I had paid full price for that game I would have been well PO'd with that trade in price.

I have another couple of games lying around that I'm thinking of trading but I get a feeling it won't be worth my while.

So what I want to know is are there set prices for trading in games based on the games condition and which title it is you're trading?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As far as i know, it depends on how new a title is and how many copies they already have. Either way, most places (i'm looking at you Gamestop) absolutly rip people off. Giving €10-€15 quid and charging €5 off the retail price is an absolute disgrace. Xtra-Vision are alot better, but you should try Adverts.ie if your selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Right, funny story.. As a bit of an experiment I went in to xtravision with five games this morning(Bully,Hitman Blood Money,James Bond Rogue Agent,Call of duty 2 and Conflict Desert Storm all for the PS2) to see how much I'd get.

For those five game they were willing to give me a grand total of...€29.

I laughed and walked out. I'd sooner smash them to bits than trade them in for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Well they are ps2 games. I would say its quite hard to sell them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

GDM wrote: »
    Right, funny story.. As a bit of an experiment I went in to xtravision with five games this morning(Bully,Hitman Blood Money,James Bond Rogue Agent,Call of duty 2 and Conflict Desert Storm all for the PS2) to see how much I'd get.

For those five game they were willing to give me a grand total of...€29.

I laughed and walked out. I'd sooner smash them to bits than trade them in for that money.

whats a ps2?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

stick em on ebay with no reserve and see how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

Ebay or Adverts.ie are your best bets. The shops will completely rip you off with trade in prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

do xtravision take PSP trade-ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

As far as I know they take trade-ins on all formats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

GDM wrote: »
    As far as I know they take trade-ins on all formats.

Cool I have loads of PC games I want to trade in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

When i was in canada there was a shop selling second hand Pc games.

[OFFTOPIC]I got HL2 and COD2 there for $20 CAD each. Buying HL second hand was a little bit of a mistake , i didn't know how it operated at the time but after an email or 2 to valve i got the Key reseted to my steam account.[/OFFTOPIC]

Pc games are obviously just far to easy to "backup" for trade ins!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement