Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin] Old Account Revive?

Options
  • 27-12-2007 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if I could revive my old Boards account? It's very VERY old at this stage, but is under the name of "[Jackass]".

It was orgionally used when my bro (serb) and friend (lex_diamonds) all played counter-strike, back in the day, but I really wish I could use that account again :)

I didn't log on to boards for a couple of years since the last time I used it and hence couldn't remember my password and started this account...would it be possible for me to revive my old account and i'll disable this one? ... For old times sake :p seeing as I still see people from those "CS" days, and still play, but when boards is mentioned have to explain the lost account but i am still around. hehe.

Thanks a million for your help,

Nick (Aka [Jackass])

P.S. I requested this before and it was granted, but i was given the wrong account by the name of "JackAss" and posted (on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055086795 - one post, six years after it was first created) before i realised i hadn't used this account to post before and discontinued using it and never got around to requesting the correct account.

Thanks a million

I think before what happend was the mod PM'd me the password for the account...but it should have been for the account [Jackass]... thanks :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I would say it can be probably merged with your current account but that would be admin work, so marked for an admin to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Thanks Ruu, yeah that'd be cool if they want to move my posts under this name onto the name of that account or whatever to know who said what :) Cheers

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

You can re-activate your old account by trying to log in with the username [Jackass] and then clicking the 'Forgot Password' link. Your password for that account will be sent to your email address. If you want to know which email address it is, PM me.

If you want the accounts merged, let us know and we'll get an admin on it.

Hey hullaballu, thanks for that.

I don't actually know what the email is for that account or if I even know the password for it as I only use my gmail now and I reckon back then I was prob using a hotmail account or something.

Maybe if you could merge the 2 that would be the best way, but if it's a pain in the ass I could try the email thing.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Accounts merged.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million Asok...

Can I be a BIG pain in the ass and ask to keep the old account name of [Jackass]??

It was kind of the reason I wanted to change it in the first place...sorry :o

Thanks a million for your help...you truly are a demi god!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sorry missed this completely, Done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement