Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Provider between Castledermot, co.Kildare & Baltinglas, co.Wicklow

Options
  • 27-12-2007 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Any one with BB in this area? I am based halfway along the main road between these towns, half a mile beyond the 3 mile limit from Castledermot exchange so line not suitable from Eircom.
    Thinking of three bb, but coverage map says area suitable for "on the move" not in home?
    Would it still work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

On the move would mean you would probably have to stick the USB modem out the window to get a signal.

Have you looked at O2's coverage map? They are quite pricey but seem to have better coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭milkerman

Dont waste your time or money on 3. I live near Ballitore and the service is ****e. Am doing this on dial up- 28kbps is better than 0kbps or .3 or .5 0r 3kbps. I am serious, these are the sorts of speeds delivered by 3 in this area. 3 have advised this is caused by contention rates in an area starved of alternatives. There are one or two small wireless providers in the area but have heard sombad reports on both.
    If you find a solution, post it up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 LeGioN of PaddY

Went away and got Three modem. Brought it home plugged into desktop, nothing! Bought a 4.5mtr extension cable for the modem and now it is hanging out the window, with the dog trying to eat it and me freezing to death slowly sitting next to the window. The fuggin things us paddies have to endure to get a n average internet speed of 90kbps, 40 miles outside Dublin in 2007/8 is a disgrace.
    Now have to decide if this is worth paying 20 euro a month for, somehow i don't think so.

BTW Milky who were the other two companies you knew of?

Advertisement