Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping lunch cool - containers to bring into work

• 27-12-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭

I've been trying to find a small container that is going to keep some meat and salad cool in a warm air conditioned office until I eat it with no avail.

Thermos flasks are great for soups but is there something similar you could stick a salad with chicken, for example, without it getting warm and giving you food poisoning by lunchtime?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Apparently Thermos keeps stuff cool as well ... so lob your salad and soup in together. They'll be both kept warm and cold :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

A very small beer cooler bag with an icepack ? bit bulky though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,440 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

bushy... wrote: »
    A very small beer cooler bag with an icepack ? bit bulky though.

Yeah, that might work but as you say it would be a bit bulky .
    I really would like a lunchbox made like a thermos flask if there is such a thing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You can get insulated lunch-bags. I had one for a while that I got as a freebie. It didn't keep things very cold, but I added a frozen-gel pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Try these.
    Good company, good service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement