Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed dating in cork!

Options
  • 27-12-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

hey all, merry christmas! am a new member and am interested in going speed dating in cork. any ideas? have googled already-there's one in clancy's soon, but it's a thursday night. there's a chatfest site but it never seems to update! has anyone gone speed dating and how did ye find it?
    thanks
    rebelpixie ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Oooh, rebelpixie, I will keep an ear out and PM you if I hear about one, you do it for me too as I love them things, such craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I did it once with RedFM before when I was a single lad, it was great fun, but there were some complete utter nutjobs at it. One guy was a Farmer, who was there to find a wife. He showed me his opening speech to the girls, which went along the lines of ...

"How'shegoin? I'm Michael, I've a nice farum, plenty land, liveshtock, and I don't drink or shmoke" ...

Which was delivered, with your usual customary chicken twitch of the neck and a wink when he was done. After the speed dating was done, he came up to us (The group of lads) afterwards, and told us which women would be best for rearin' children. Mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

ned78 wrote: »
    I did it once with RedFM before when I was a single lad, it was great fun, but there were some complete utter nutjobs at it. One guy was a Farmer, who was there to find a wife. He showed me his opening speech to the girls, which went along the lines of ...

"How'shegoin? I'm Michael, I've a nice farum, plenty land, liveshtock, and I don't drink or shmoke" ...

Which was delivered, with your usual customary chicken twitch of the neck and a wink when he was done. After the speed dating was done, he came up to us (The group of lads) afterwards, and told us which women would be best for rearin' children. Mad!

And there was probably a few women going "Jaysus LADS .. He's got a farum and land !! I wouldnt mind him horsein one into me"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpixie

DawnMc wrote: »
    Oooh, rebelpixie, I will keep an ear out and PM you if I hear about one, you do it for me too as I love them things, such craic!

no bother Dawn, will do that, sounds like a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

a few of my mates are interested in this too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Few questions about the whole speed dating thing, how does it work and is it funny or just a bit embarrasing. What ages go to it, i cant imagine having to chat up someone twice my age.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpixie

hi all
    there's a speed dating night in Clancy's bar on Thursday 27th March for 20-32 year olds. here's the link:

http://www.speeddater.ie/

might see some of ye there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mysterymeme123

Clancys here I come :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

it's a shame they charge so much and its not for charity

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gosia_1

any news / pdates on speeddating?

• Advertisement
Advertisement