Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2: Receiving texts taking a long time

• 27-12-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭

I'm on o2 and i find texts I am receiving from Meteor can take up 2-3 after been sent to come through on my phone. I rang o2 and they say its a Meteor problem so I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭GBX

My brother has the same problem when I send him texts. im on O2, he's meteor. O2 said its meteor, Meteor said its o2. nowt can be done as far as I know :s

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had the same issue with Vodafone users (see my topic on it), and last night (late) texts from O2 were not coming for several hours later.

Seems to be okay today...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It definitely has to be an O2 problem. It can't be every other networks fault.

It's caused me no end of problems over the christmas period, so I'm hugely pissed off at them.

I seriously considering switching my bill over to another network now... and I've been with them since the Esat days.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ill be calling them tommrow, as its a bit tiring. Im sure there is a problem, and O2 never seem to get there techs out during weekends/holiday periods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Me too, and it has really wrecked communicating with people over christmas. I have been with O2 since 2001.. and I was happy til now.
    Im getting some texts 5 to 6 hours later.... utterly useless. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

Iv noticed O2 -> O2 was fine over Christmas. Vodafone -> O2 seemed bitchy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

I had this problem but only when I'd 3g on my phone set my phone to have just GSM signal no probs since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sully wrote: »
    Iv noticed O2 -> O2 was fine over Christmas. Vodafone -> O2 seemed bitchy.

Not just vodafone... meteor problems for me too.. and foreign networks...

Sort of becomes a problem when someone texts you saying they took a shed load of pills and you get the message 6 hours later.. yep... I'm through with O2 now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Me too, sent em an email yesterday... no reply, and the problem persists, im going into the Pavillions to switch to Vodafone today...

o2 has crap email support - call them

• Advertisement

Okay spoke with O2. She was aware there have been problems and not just with o2. The issue is with masts and the weather. Apparently the weather is having an affect on the masts, and there working to try resolve the matter. Its been ongoing for the last few days, but its a problem across the board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Sort of becomes a problem when someone texts you saying they took a shed load of pills and you get the message 6 hours later.. yep... I'm through with O2 now...

Wow, what a message to get, even worse 6 hours late! Hope it turned out ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

I'm in the same boat. Waking up to messages sent the previous afternoon. Pain in the arse. I rang them on Saturday and was told i'd get a call back yesterday about the problem but didn't receive one. She did say I wasn't the only one with the problem though. I was planning on switching to meteor anyway in the near future for the free texts, but this has definitely sped up switching over for me. Pretty annoyed to say the least as i've been on o2 since 2000 and have never had such poor service.

Advertisement