Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playing DivX Files

• 28-12-2007 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭

I updated the Xbox and I can now play SOME of my divx/avi files. Others pop up with a red X beside them. There doesnt seem to be any pattern to what does, what doesn't play. Also, the console isn't detecting all my vids, even though they're all in the same folder. The Xbox and the PC are networked via cable.

Help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭samsamson

What program are you using?

I set up TVersity just the other day and it has worked pretty much flawlessly for me. And I'm by no means a tech-genius or anything. It just streams any video files I have through the 360 absolutely perfectly.

Do you think the problem is with the video files or with the program your using to transfer them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭IamBeowulf

samsamson wrote: »
    What program are you using?

I set up TVersity just the other day and it has worked pretty much flawlessly for me. And I'm by no means a tech-genius or anything. It just streams any video files I have through the 360 absolutely perfectly.

Do you think the problem is with the video files or with the program your using to transfer them?

I used Windows Media Player. I tried using TVersity but it's very glitchy!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

There's a program called GSpot that can tell you how DivX / AVI files have been encoded. You could try using that to find something common with the ones that don't work maybe?

I'll try that, thanks:)

Anyone successfully stream DivX files through their 360?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

You are not alone my friend. I am also in the same situation as you. I was using WMP also.

HELP!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

IamBeowulf wrote: »
    I'll try that, thanks:)

Anyone successfully stream DivX files through their 360?

Yes, when i 1st tried it some worked some didnt, couldnt figure out why.
    I was getting audio and no picture on some of them also. Over all tv episodes worked movies didnt

Then when i connected to hdtv via component i get picture and audio on the movies , must have been something to do with the resolution set when connected with vga?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭matchthis

Have mine working fine. A few not working and have red x beside them. This is due to the codes of the file not being supported.

Had a thing where some of my files didn't show up either. This was down to two things.
    I needed to refresh the folder on the xbox side to update new files. Did this by going to the root folder on the 360 and then back into the folder with movies.
    The second was i had folders that had .rar files in them and had not extracted them yet so the 360 just showed an empty folder. Extracted them on the pc and refreshed the folder and showed up then.

The Xbox Premium is hooked in via component cables, and set to 720p.

The PC has a network cable connecting it to the console.

I've set up a "bridge" between the PC's WiFi connection and broadband connection to piggyback the internet connection.

I think it may well be the coding. What I don't get is that there are media servers available everywhere that support all sorts of codecs.

Surely Microsoft have a patch available that can cover all the variations?! Kudos to them for finally adapting to the DivX format, but talk about teasing us poor bastids...:)

Advertisement