Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is this worth

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if not please move/delete/chase me with pitchforks if its the wrong one.

My girlfriend's parents have a first printing of Michael Jackson's album Dangerous from 1991 still sealed and I was wondering how much it was worth. Googling has given me everything from $1 to $236,000 so I really have no idea. They've been thinking of putting it on eBay but don't know what reserve to set etc. I'm hoping you fine people would know more about it than me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The situation isn't black or white (ba-doom-tish!). I can't imagine it being worth that much ($236,000) considering it's a Michael Jackson album and millions of them would have been pressed. Looking at completed listings on ebay, the most the Dangerous album has gone for is around €50.

Is it CD or an LP? If an LP is it regular vinyl (regular or collector's edition) or a picture disc (there is a picture disc which seems to be worth a bit)? The other thing to consider is that an LP sealed for so long can be warped by the shrinkwrapping, yes it's never been played but there's a chance it can be slightly warped and play funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

€50 is probably around the ceiling mark.. I'd say unless they need the money to just stick it away in the attic again. But then again I tend to be the sort of person that hoards everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Kali wrote: »
    €50 is probably around the ceiling mark.. I'd say unless they need the money to just stick it away in the attic again. But then again I tend to be the sort of person that hoards everything :)

Good advice, just stick it in the attic until Jacko dies.....it will be worth much more then.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thanks lads

keefg wrote: »
    Good advice, just stick it in the attic until Jacko dies.....it will be worth much more then.

So what do people think now :)

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »

LOL :D Bagsy 10% for my wonderful advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Just stick it in the Attic until he's cloned/cryogenically revived....It will be worth a lot more then :D
    Sam Vimes wrote: »

bullpost wrote: »
    Just stick it in the Attic until he's cloned/cryogenically revived....It will be worth a lot more then :D

I would not be one bit surprised if that happened. But seriously, what do you think someone would pay for it? Maybe one of his crazy fans like this guy :D

Stick it up on Ebay with some outrageous reserve price and tag it with the "Make Me an Offer" option. See what offers you get.

Like anything else it's only worth what someone will pay for it.

Advertisement