Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift for a Vet Med student?

• 28-12-2007 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

(apologies if this is in the wrong section, i usually frequent the motor and music sections, not very clued up about this side of boards!)

but i hope you can help anyway.

a very good friend of mine, is a first year vet med student in UCD, and its her birthday next week.i want to get her a very nice but useful gift for her birthday, and i was thinking there might be some equipment that she would use on her course/career choice i could get?

she has a stethoscope already, thats the only suggestion ive got so far.

dont worry about budget..within reason!

or failing that, can anybody else think of something related to vetinary i could get her?

i could do the usual perfume/clothes thing, but i wanna shake it up a bit this year!

thanks for any help in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Sounds like you fancy her! what about some animal paterned undies?!? :D

No - really, what about sponsoring an animal for her, there is a few charitys that do it, you could sponsor a tiger/panda/penguin etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Saunders Veterinary Dictionary, it's about 50 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭summer_ina_bowl

What about a nurses watch (vets cant wear watchs etc in surgery) or some nice scrubs? You could always buy her a subscription to a veterinary journal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

3 top suggestions, thanks guys.

summerinabowl, what defines a nurses watch, as opposed to a normal watch? and where would i get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

This is a nurses watch and hangs like this

They're not all plain and boring like the ones above. You can get really cute ones too. eg:Winnie the Pooh etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 will_c

thanks fast mover, appreciate that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Dr Bairbre O'Malley has written some vet books on exotics do a search on amazon.com /co.uk they are not cheep but may be very useful.

Advertisement