Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need urgent advice

• 28-12-2007 2:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

We have a 10 month old springer/llewelyn setter cross who over the past couple of months will not stay in his run at night even though this is where he always sleeps along with our other dog a cocker spaniel. When I say he won't stay I mean he will continuously bark hour after hour untill we bring him inside the house and let him sleep in the utility room. You will tell me to ignore him which we have tried but we live in a semi detached house and our next door neighbour and our neighbour next to them have newborn babies in their house so a yelping dog at 11 o'clock at night is not acceptable. He is walked every morning for an hour and walked in the evening (7 days a week) so it can't be boredom. My husband and I are dog lovers and don't want to get rid of him we have him since he was 6 weeks old but are going our of our minds. He is basically acting like a spoilt child but after about 3 hours of constant barking you have to give in. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

At this time of year there's lots of extra noise from parties, fireworks etc, he could simply be reacting to something like that;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Any particular reason why you posted this thread a second time?

Anyway ...not all dogs like to sleep outside. He might be afraid / cold/ lonely whatever.

You've got a perfect room for him ...let him sleep there.

Advertisement