Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 10 Moments of 2007

• 28-12-2007 2:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Me, VR and pingu_girl will be doing a best of 2007 poodcast over the weekend. There will be a running segment during the show where we will count down the top 10 moments of 2007. I've done a poll just chose your number one moment of the year out of the list and if it's not there, just select "other" and tell us in your post.

Thanks for your support for the podcast thus far.

What is your top moment of 2007? 16 votes

John Cena Vs. Shawn Michaels (RAW - London)
    0% 0 votes
    Triple H returns (Summerslam)
    12% 2 votes
    Save_us.Y2J
    0% 0 votes
    Triple H gets injured
    6% 1 vote
    Santino Marella's IC title win (RAW)
    12% 2 votes
    John Cena's injury
    0% 0 votes
    Vince gets his head shaved
    0% 0 votes
    Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble
    0% 0 votes
    Vince's bastard son is Hornswoggle
    18% 3 votes
    Undertaker wins the World title (WrestleMania 23)
    6% 1 vote
    Kennedy wins MITB (WrestleMaina 23)
    6% 1 vote
    Triple H wins his 11th World title
    0% 0 votes
    Edge returns (Survivor series)
    0% 0 votes
    Lashley gets injured
    6% 1 vote
    Austin/Santiono beer truck promo
    0% 0 votes
    Edge wins MITB/World title (RAW/SmackDown!)
    6% 1 vote
    Vince blows himself up
    12% 2 votes
    MVP/Matt Hardy feud
    0% 0 votes
    CM Punk wins ECW title (ECW on Sci-Fi)
    12% 2 votes
    Other (PLEASE SPECIFY)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nice idea but why have you listed people getting injured? We all have wrestlers we don't like but you'd want to be a really callous individual to have a wrestler suffering an injury as one of your top ten moments of the year!

Also I don't mean to nitpick but I think there are certain moments that warrant a mention like HBK's surprise return on Raw which caught everyone off guard. Also, Flair ripping apart Carlito in his promo for being lazy which was amazing.

I voted for the Cena/HBK Raw match as it was so unexpected to see a match on Raw go nearly an hour and for it to be a top class match was even better. In saying that though, if it's confirmed in the next few days that Maria is doing Playboy then that's my top moment of 2007 by far. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Chris Benoit killing himself and his family was my top moment. Very interesting stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Jim Ross being announced at the Raw in Chicago as being inducted into the Hall of Fame and the standing ovation that followed. Also HBK super kicking Cena before 'Mania was just perfection too.

Chris Benoit overshadows everything for me though. Not forgetting some of the early tragedies in the year too. Just a really dark year.

Good luck with the show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Has to be Vince and "Its all about the MON-AAAAYYYYYYY!!!":D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The week when Edge won MITB and then the title is the best for me by a long shot. Only WWE moments though? I'm pretty sure you could have had a few from TNA, ROH's first PPV as one, maybe Lesnar in the UFC and Kenta's return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Chris Benoit overshadows everything for me though. Not forgetting some of the early tragedies in the year too. Just a really dark year.

+1

Of the list, I voted Undertaker winning the rumble as my 'best' moment of the year, as I'm a Taker mark, but tbh in years time when I think back on 2007 in wrestling, all I'll remember is the Benoit tragedy. It's without doubt the most shocking wrestling incident of the year, or of any other year for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I take it this is just for WWE then?

I voted for the Austin-Santino promo, it was just hilarious and still makes me laugh.

I woudl have voted for Kobashis return though, if it was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I take it this is just for WWE then?

I voted for the Austin-Santino promo, it was just hilarious and still makes me laugh.

I woudl have voted for Kobashis return though, if it was there.

EXACTLY. Kobashis return > that ENTIRE list combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I had some TNA and ROH stuff in there, but i accidentally closed the window and had to start over. A lot of the stuff mentioned like JR/hall of fame and HBK returning in it originally and forgot to put them back in. I put injuries there because some injuries, while sad in one way, led to some great angles and saved us from some bad ones. The show should be taped tomorrow night, so it should be up Sunday.

I should have put this poll up earlier in the week, cos I doubt we'll get enough votes to choose a top 10. In the event of a draw between two or more choices, a coin will be flipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Kobashi's return is far and away my top wrestling moment of 2007. Returning from cancer can't be understated and he didn't look to have lost a step

Of course, the Benoit tragedy overshadows everything. It's caused some changes, mainly in WWE, and it was probably wrestling's highpoint in the mainstream media

• Advertisement
Advertisement