Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maria does Playboy?

• 28-12-2007 5:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

And there was me thinking Christmas was over. My prayers might have been answered!
    WWE Diva Maria just did a photo shoot for Playboy.

- Gerweck.net

Can you imagine if she ends up being 2008's Playboy diva? If she is I'm confident she will outsell all of the others. The woman is too good for this business! :D

555-1.jpg

444-1.jpg

Let this be true. Sure it might mean she has to face Beth Phoenix for the women's title at Wrestlemania but let's be honest people,

IT WILL BE WORTH IT!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

She'd never outsell Chyna....... That says something

Maria does everything , from reality shows to theopening of an envelope. Alot of others i wouldrather see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

This interests me greatly, but tbh, it's a bit late. Last year, I would have been all over this news like a bad rash, but since I saw Kelly Kelly at Cyber Sunday, Maria has had to take a back seat to Kelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I never got Maria. Sure, she's not bad looking, but there's better looking girls in wrestling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Fozzy wrote: »
    I never got Maria. Sure, she's not bad looking, but there's better looking girls in wrestling

Some of you guys have no taste!

I think she's the best looking woman on the planet. I'm very disappointed in Minto especially. Hopefully rossie1977 still likes her. I'm sure I've heard him say so before. At least then there will be someone besides myself who appreciates this goddess. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

definitely the best diva and if she has done playboy then :D:D:D

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    definitely the best diva and if she has done playboy then :D:D:D

Yes, I applaud your taste sir. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

shes a fine young thing.Shes definitley up there with the best of them.However none ccan beat the likes of trish and stacy keibler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Some of you guys have no taste!

I think she's the best looking woman on the planet. I'm very disappointed in Minto especially. Hopefully rossie1977 still likes her. I'm sure I've heard him say so before. At least then there will be someone besides myself who appreciates this goddess. :cool:

he sure does :D

not a fan of playboy at all though, all that airbrushing :mad:
    Fozzy wrote:

:eek: where and whom :confused: certainly not in the WWE thats for sure; SoCal Val in TNA is hot though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'd pick Melina ahead of Maria personally, but she's a VERY close second!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is you for real Melina has a face like a well slapped arse haha uggh

^^^ so true EdK, so true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

As for Maria she is maybe not the hottest but there is something about her, i wouldnt read to much into the playboy thing it could be a lingerie shoot or something, she has said before she wouldnt pose nude because she has younger sisters

But heres hoping :D

she said she wouldn't pose in playboy until her sister turned 18 or finished high-school IIRC

but she did go starkers on that ECW strip poker thing so.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just to keep you guys happy.....from PWInsider:
    The latest issue of Power Slam magazine out of the U.K. (January 2008 issue) notes that WWE Diva Maria Kanellis recently stated that she would like to be the next WWE Diva to pose for Playboy.

Oh yes! ^^ That IS good news. :D

I think EdK might be right about her first foray into the magazine ending up being some lingerie shoot thing, but as long as she's open to more work (pardon the pun) then it's all good. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think someone needs to embed a vintage Macho Man Randy Savage Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I miss stacey Keibler.
    Nobody topped her.

I'd still do Maria though.
    I'd place her second only to Torrie Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Sure it might mean she has to face Beth Phoenix for the women's title at Wrestlemania

I highly doubt that. The annual Playboy Diva isn't always guaranteed a women's title match. More often then not it amounts to nothing more then a quick t & A match, thankfully. The only times that the Playboy divas have gotten title shots is when there's nothing else going on in the division, and the division is lacking star power as a result of injuries etc. Have a look, oh and btw I'm only going from 2003 as that's when the yearly Playboy/ Mania connection started.

2003- Torrie Wilson

Torrie participates in a meaningless and instantly forgettable skit with Stacy Keibler, The Miller Catfight girls and Coach. Meanwhile, Trish Stratus wins the title in a well built up match against Victoria and Jazz.

2004- Sable & Torrie Wilson

Sable & Torrie defeat Stacy & Jackie in a 2 minute Playboy Evening Gown match. Champion Victoria defeats Molly Holly in a hair vs. Title match. A stipulation match for the women's division was rare at the time.

2005- Christy Hemme

Christy gets a shot a Trish's title. This was following the WWE releasing half it's women's wrestlers and Lita's injury. The match itself was just barely okay thanks to Trish's carrying ability and Christy's surprising aptitude for wrestling. Still though it had no place on a Mania card. Had Lita not been injured, we would have gotten Lita vs. Trish and Christy vs. a pillow. Probably.

2006- Candice Michelle

Candice loses to Torrie in a playboy pillow fight, (in which not a single pillow was used incidentally), the matches sole purpose on the night seems to be to keep the crowd occupied while the main event entrances were being set up.

Meanwhile, Mickie James beats Trish in one of the finest WWE women's matches of all time. Not only that but it followed a well built, NON rushed storyline which was a nice change.

2007- Ashley Massaro

Following Trish and Lita's departure, and WWE apparently not having faith in Mickie James at the time, WWE was forced to throw Ashley in there as a challenger. They used every quick shortcut they could to make the crowd care. They had Jillian put Ashley over a few times before mania, and on the night they put every other diva around ringside, and just to be safe they kept the match nice and short. None of that worked, the crowd didn't care and the match sucked. That's what happens when the latest Playboy diva in with the division.

I'm not surprised by the contrast when they separate the division from the Playboy push. For all they do wrong as regards to it's women's division, WWE do usually get it right at Mania. But when they throw the Playboy diva into a title match the results are lousy. There's no way WWE are going to ruin what they're building with Beth & Candice just to throw Maria in there to botch a head scissors, botch falling out of the ring, and get pinned. Besides Beth has handily beaten maria a few times, so what's the point? The only way it would possibly happen is if WWE go for a mutli-woman match for the title, but I don't think they'll do that.

This is a positive move for Maria though. This will probably be the peak of her career. It's doing T & A ventures like this that'll hopefully lead to further opportunities for her which will in turn keep her away from the ring, and that makes me very happy. :)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    but she did go starkers on that ECW strip poker thing so.............

No she didn't. None of them did. Anyone with a bit of sense and a slow-motion feature would have noticed the skin-coloured underwear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

The action figures set to go on sale in March for Wrestlemania has Beth Pheonix and Maria as a set.

The action figures set to go on sale in March for Wrestlemania has Beth Pheonix and Maria as a set.

Jakks don't know anything about WWE. The reason Beth and Maria are getting an internet exclusive is because collectors want then but they won't sell in shops because kids won't buy them.

If Jakks had sense they'd release a Maria/Santino set instead.

Besides, there is absolutely no way is that set gonna be released to coincide with Mania. There isn't an official release date, and if there was, it'd only get pushed back anyway. As is what happened with the Melina/Ashley set.

Advertisement