Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question for the ladies. (guys with shaved heads)

• 28-12-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

What’s you opinion on guys with shaved heads? Is it fashionable or do you see it as something else. Unattractive maybe?
    I mean if you saw a guy with a shaved head would it put you off or think he was a bit ‘undesirable’?

It’s kind of a reverse on the long hair on guys question, got me thinking after reading the posts in that tread.

so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

It depends on the guy, the rest of his appearance and what shape head he has.
    Just in the sense of it suits some people more than others. Some guys can look very sexy with a shaved head, some guys can look bad.

I know that's not a lot of help - but just if its something you're considering yourself, you might be best to ask some female friends as they know what you look like and might know if twud suit you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

It depends. A shaved head combined with a tweed tracksuit is pretty darn sexy if you ask me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

How shaved are we talking about?completely shiny bald from a razor, or a very very close shave but with a teeny bit of stubble left?If a fella is going bald, I personally think the best look is shaved closely,rather than going through the rigmarole of trying to disguise it.

Personally speaking, I like both long hair and shaved heads on men, but it depends on the man in question - not everyone will look good in a particular hairstyle. I have to say I love shaved heads - my husband has had both long hair and shaved hair, and I love the feel of stubble personally.

As for the "undesirable" aspect- I wouldn't think it looks undesirable unless it was teamed with chavtastic tracksuits and gold soverign rigns and lots of gobbing on pavements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

It depends on whether it suits him or not. Some guys look great with shaved heads, some awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yes it definitely definitely depends on what the guy looks like!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Good shaved head...
    timberlake_2.jpg

Bad shaved head..
    0216_britney_bald2.jpg

They are a vast improvement on balding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Tight cut with a bit more on top, yes. Shaved, no way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I've been wearing a crew cut (#3 on top blending to a #0 on back/sides) for nearly a decade now...even a months worth of growth of my thick, densely packed hair looks stupid and I'm told that my hair suits me best really short.
    As others have said it depends on some factors; your hair type, your face, shape of your head, your style of dress and less so your bodyshape.
    As for shaved a lá gillette? No way. Very few can carry it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 JonesT

I know I shouldn't be replying as I'm a bloke -- but my head is shaven and people don't look at me like I'm a skinhead at all! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement