Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WLAN connectivity problem

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having an irritating network with my home wireless network and was wondering could anyone help me. I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop which connects to an 802.11g wireless LAN at home, based in a Netgear DG843G v3 router. It's been working up until recently but, what's happening now is that when Windows XP boots, I'm told there is limited or no connectivity and the laptop ends up with a 169.x.x.x address.

When i click "repair" over the icon for my wireless NIC it reconnects fine, but the connection intermittently drops every 2-3 hours then. Seeing as this doesnt happen in college, Im assuming it's a fault with my router's DHCP server or something similar. I tried rebooting the router, plugging it out and back in, upgrading the drivers for my wireless NIC and using Lenovo's own network connection utilities to no effect. Should I just replace the router? Thanks

Advertisement