Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap mobile phone shop??

• 28-12-2007 1:04pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions? I'm looking specifically for the N95, and I can get it on ebay for €350, but was just wondering if any of you know of any other good places to get one??

(this might belong in the bargain requests, I'm not sure :o )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

www.adverts.ie
    Theres always a few 95's knocking around recently

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭hughes2558

You might find one on the Buy and Sell too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

are there any other online stores or ebay sellers you would recommend??

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Be careful buying a phone online unless it is from a very verifiable source.

As a former worker in the phone industry, the amount of phones I came accross which were bought online and just "stopped working" was immense.

This is because phones which are reported lost or stolen are rendered inert by the responsible network. The IMEI (individual no of the phone) is banned pan network.

There's no way to discover this really til you have the phone in your hand.

Part of my job was reporting these stolen phones. After the weekend, I might have reported 5 or so a day!

Also bear in mind a phone bought off the interweb will need its GPRS settings from your network before the MMS/GPRS/3g functionality will work. Check you can get this from your network first.

Otherwise, go ahead, its a great phone, I have it and love it. Crap batt life though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

SDooM wrote: »
    Be careful buying a phone online unless it is from a very verifiable source.

As a former worker in the phone industry, the amount of phones I came accross which were bought online and just "stopped working" was immense.

This is because phones which are reported lost or stolen are rendered inert by the responsible network. The IMEI (individual no of the phone) is banned pan network.

There's no way to discover this really til you have the phone in your hand.

Part of my job was reporting these stolen phones. After the weekend, I might have reported 5 or so a day!

Also bear in mind a phone bought off the interweb will need its GPRS settings from your network before the MMS/GPRS/3g functionality will work. Check you can get this from your network first.

Otherwise, go ahead, its a great phone, I have it and love it. Crap batt life though.

Cheers for the info. I know that a lot of the phones are dodge or fakes... hence the advice asking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement