Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best achievement so far?

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

What's been your finest moment on FM 2008 so far? I recently managed to get Bradford from League Two up to League One which exceeded expectations. Also I succeeded where Stan failed and took Ireland to the European Championships. Didn't get past the first round though. :)

What's been your highlight?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

I started with Carlisle in League 2 (newly promoted from whatever is below league 2 these days). Came 2nd in the league after going bankrupt to enter league 1, then scraped together a few new players, had an amazing 21 games without loosing at the end of the season to end up winning the league, and now im getting crushed in the championship.... again with no money! Horrible never having money, dont know how im supposed to survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I'm everton, we have a class team and score for fun, but we leave in way to many goals... Highlight is kinda rubbish, i got to the semis of the UEFA cup, but lost to Newcastle, who won the thing...

Just finished a poor 3rd season in charge (finished 11th) but next year we will prevail!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i got bored with winning everything at united so i took over a serie C club called catanzaro and won the champions league with them and serie A in one year after 6 years of management, promotion first year, safety second year, promotion 3rd year then gradually moving up the table until i reached the pinnacle!! im gonna try my hand at an unknown german team next... cant decide which, they all crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,362 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

kryogen wrote: »
    i got bored with winning everything at united so i took over a serie C club called catanzaro and won the champions league with them and serie A in one year after 6 years of management, promotion first year, safety second year, promotion 3rd year then gradually moving up the table until i reached the pinnacle!! im gonna try my hand at an unknown german team next... cant decide which, they all crap!

:eek:

Thats like oldschool CM3 results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Getting Promoted to the Championship and the Premiership in consecutive seasons with Leeds Utd.

Signing 2 "Wonderkids" and scoring loadsa goals.
    Kostadinov £150k
    Aquino £6m

Got £19mill to psend on players...... which ment i got slightly carried away.

Have the likes fo Makelele and Sol Campbel in the side, old but solid and doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

Getting Promoted to the Championship and the Premiership in consecutive seasons with Leeds Utd.

Signing 2 "Wonderkids" and scoring loadsa goals.
    Kostadinov £150k
    Aquino £6m

Got £19mill to psend on players...... which ment i got slightly carried away.

Have the likes fo Makelele and Sol Campbel in the side, old but solid and doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I started a game with MVV (Dutch first division side), about to win the league (need one point from 2 games) and lost against Vitesse (4th in Prem division) in the Dutch Cup quarter final AET. All on a budget of 30k.

I hope I can match how well I did with MVV in FM2007...
    Season one: First Division Champions
    -sign key players including Dong Fangzou and Walter Pandiani on bosmans at seasons end.
    Season two: Finish 8th in Prem division and won the European playoff, qualifying for the Euro Cup.
    Season 3: Win the Euro Cup (Fangzou scores hat-trick in 3-2 AET win over Barcelona in the final), finish 12th in league but re-qualify for Euro Cup. Dutch Cup semi finalists.
    Season 4: Finish 6th in Prem Division, lose 6-3 AET (yes, AFTER EXTRA TIME) in Euro playoff final round, lose 5-1 to Ajax in Dutch Cup final. Highlight of season is beating PSV 6-1, Pandiani scoring a hat trick.

*uninstalls game and purchases FM2008*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

in FM07 i also succeeded where stan failed.i managed to win the WC qualifying group then scrape through the group stage in the world cup proper in 2nd then win every knockout game on penalties except for the final which i beat Italy 1-0 when Stephen Elliot broke from midfield beat 3 and slotted past Buffon!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

What's been your finest moment on FM 2008 so far? I recently managed to get Bradford from League Two up to League One which exceeded expectations. Also I succeeded where Stan failed and took Ireland to the European Championships. Didn't get past the first round though. :)

What's been your highlight?

I got City (Bradford that is) to the prem in 4 seasons, won leauge 2 at a canter (17 points margin) and the same in league 1 (17 clear of 3rd place).

adapted well in the Championship finishing in 7th (missed play offs on GD) and then following season won the league on GD.

now first season in the prem and have 15m to spend, first signing Kasper Schmeichel for 1.5m....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭D.V.S.

got Nottm Forest to the Prem in successive promotions, won League 1 on the final day and then in the Champ signed 7 players in the Jan window (after been given £0 to spend that summer, sold to buy) and these guys propelled me onto a 8 wins in 10 run to finish 5th. Won the playoffs beating Derby 3-2 and have just started in the Prem, P6 W2 D2 L2...

Given €15M to spend, brought in
    Joe Hart (Man City)
    Julio Arca (Middlesboro)
    Andre Ooijer (Blackburn)
    Andrei Cordos (Sparta Prague)
    Alexander Skerla (Rosenborg)
    Stephen Ireland (Man City)
    Julian De Guzman (Espanol)
    Daniel Montenegro (Atalanta)
    Tim Matavz (FC Groningen)

Tricky Trees for Europe next season!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I managed to win Euro 2008 with England and did it by beating Germany 4-0 in the final (Rooney got a hat-trick for me). Was very lucky though because I only beat France in the quarter-finals on penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I have Rushden and Diamonds in 1st place in League 2, pretty proud of that. Also managed to do a domestic double with VfB Stuttgart and get to a champions league semi.

Also, De Guzman is IMMENSE. Have him pulling the strings for VfB.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Winning the league with...

Wait for it...

Newcastle.

Try and top that, I say!

Advertisement