Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Staff Discount when working at a Ford Dealers?

Options
  • 28-12-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if you get a discount on purchasing a new car if you work for a dealer? A friend of mine works for a ford dealer and is interested in buying a new car. Would they get a staff discount, and if so, any idea what it might be?

Thanks,
    Randomer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Has your friend asked her/his boss? Staff discounts are common but it's down to the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's very hard to say as I don't know what margins Ford work with, and will vary from Dealer to Dealer. I'd imagine he'd be able to buy it at a trade price, which could amount to a thousand or two off the vehicle, but it's not going to be 5k or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭randomer

Thanks for that. I was just trying to see if anyone had an experience with a ford dealer.

She hasn't asked her boss yet. Will get her to do that in the new year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

dont know about the dealers but a friend of mine gets a discount because his dad worked in the ford plant in cork before it closed. I think once the person who worked there is alive they get 2 vouches for either themselves of close family. The discount is a couple of grand but you have to keep the car for at least a year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

johncm wrote: »
    dont know about the dealers but a friend of mine gets a discount because his dad worked in the ford plant in cork before it closed. I think once the person who worked there is alive they get 2 vouches for either themselves of close family. The discount is a couple of grand but you have to keep the car for at least a year.

Ford Employee discount is a valuable benefit. It's a fixed %. Employee can get 3 vouchers in every 9 month cycle. Not sure if you have to keep the car for a year however. I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

A guy that I used to live beside worked for a VW dealership. Got a new Mk IV Gti when they came out. Think he got a small discount on the car,but got the options at cost price...which was pretty much all of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't think getting a massive discount on a Ford (unless it's a Mondeo) is a diffucult thing to do, regardless of whether you work for a dealer.

Advertisement