Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

why is diesel more expensive than petrol ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭ianobrien

MYOB wrote: »
    And not 100% of fuel sold in Ireland comes through Whitegate...

I never said that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ianobrien wrote: »
    I never said that.....

You implied it, read post 24 again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Tony Danza

MYOB wrote: »
    You implied it, read post 24 again.
    No he didn't.

Ianobrien, just to back up what you are saying for any doubters,

http://www.ec.gc.ca/cleanair-airpur/CAOL/OGEB/fuels/reports/sulph_red_diesel/sulph_red2_e.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It looks like Diesel is going to stay more expensive than petrol here because of the increase of diesel cars that is bound to happen later on this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

So would i be right in saying the demand for petrol and petrol cars is going to decrease, which means the price of petrol and petrol cars will decrease.?

i know the tax will be more expensive but in the long run will it not all be much of a muchness? meaning petrol car owners will be screwed for tax but will buy cheap cars and cheap petrol.

Edit im on about cars above 2.0L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

finbarrk wrote: »
    It looks like Diesel is going to stay more expensive than petrol here because of the increase of diesel cars that is bound to happen later on this year.

Absolutely. There is no way that diesel is going to get any cheaper. After all, diesels usually do 30% more miles to the gallon, so every extra diesel car is contributing at least 30% less to the Government(and more because the excise duty for diesel is lower) every time they fill up, and as many cars will be cheaper to buy as diesels, there is no way the Government is going to let us get away with buying cheaper cars that will use less fuel.

Advertisement