Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problem with Seat Leon 1.4 01 Driving home from Cork

Options
  • 28-12-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I was driving home from Cork yesterday (have to drive down again today) when the oil light came on for 2-3 seconds flashing.
    When I stopped at the next set of lights the car was vibrating quite roughly. I continued home and checked the oil this morning and it was fine. The car had just been services it has 43K on the clock. Only thing I can think of was maybe dirty petrol as it was in the red and when I last filled it the petrol station was being filled by a thanker.

I re-filled the car this morning and all seems fime drove to work 20 miles or so and not a bother on her would any one know what the story was/is
    The car felt after I pulled away from the lights after it started vibrating that it had lost power but not to sure on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Have you checked the oil level ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Hi
    Thanks for getting back to me
    Yup I have checked the oil level did this, this morning and it was fine at the recommended level.
    I still think it could have been dirty petrol as I never let the car into the red normally.
    Hope to god it gets me to Cork this evening.

Advertisement