Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

37 inch - 42 inch LCD TV for $$$

• 28-12-2007 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Please post any decent priced (under 800 euro) brand LCD TVs (HD - 720p/1080i/1080p) that you have come across as I am looking for a new TV.

So far I have seen 37inch LG HD ready for 799 at pcworld, and I think a 37 or so inch Sony for 899 at stephens green shopping centre.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

37" philips with pixel plus in Currys for €650 today only, ad in the indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

42" in Tescos for €699. Not sure of the brand name but its not one of the more common ones. I have no idea of spec either but its a reasonable price for the size of the screen.

Theres mention of it here also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Saverstore have the Hannspree 37" LCD TV for £360. There was a thread on this TV a while ago. I got a quote of £395 from them, including delivery to Ireland, that's about €552.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

I just got the 26" Sony in Argos. 600 or so. It's amazing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

In IRL wrote: »
    Please post any decent priced (under 800 euro) brand LCD TVs (HD - 720p/1080i/1080p) that you have come across as I am looking for a new TV.

So far I have seen 37inch LG HD ready for 799 at pcworld, and I think a 37 or so inch Sony for 899 at stephens green shopping centre.

I' just got the 32" version of that LG (For 600 in currys by the way) and its absolutely fantastic.Its on ly a 1080i tv but when i connected my xbox360 through hdmi it went straight to 1080p.Its breathtaking to play games on.Its also very good for sky sd because it upscales the picture to 720p.Would totally recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

Keep them coming in!

I guess I missed out on the currys 650 deal ...sounds like it was a great deal! There doesn't seem to be any currys near where I live (City Centre) I know there's a DID in Jervis and I saw one or two electronics store in Ilac, maybe I'll have a go there later. Peats usually just have sonys so..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

^^peats are usually a RIP off too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭In IRL

I saw a 40 inch Samsung 40q96 or some model number like that for 999euro in the Irish Times ad for Dixons. Sounds like a great deal. It is reduced by 300 they say.

Anyone got more? 37-42inch LCD for less than 1000euros!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

Curry's still have a 37" Sharp for €949, this is a full HD set, i.e. 1920 x 1080 and from comments in this thread about it a few months ago it performs okay on SD. At that time it was selling for €999.
    LC37XD1E is the model number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

antomack wrote: »
    Curry's still have a 37" Sharp for €949, this is a full HD set, i.e. 1920 x 1080 and from comments in this thread about it a few months ago it performs okay on SD. At that time it was selling for €999.
    LC37XD1E is the model number

Which Currys?.
    Do they still have them all over?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭antomack

I saw them in Curry's in the Carrickmines Retail Park, not sure about the others. That was last Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Special deal on Sony Bravia's 37" for €799 in Kiely's Tralee and Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 KBR

Got a Phillips PFP5332 PLASMA 42" for €999 in tesco - had a 30% voucher back deal on clubcard that weekend so worked out @ €700. Great TV - I only use it for standard definition inputs - terrestrial TV & DVDs - perfect for this.

Advertisement