Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Prem Rules! (L'Equipe Approved)

• 28-12-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Clicky

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Interesting that they put kaka on the right with Gerrard in the middle

It took Benitez how long to make a similar decision (less kaka of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LOTP wrote: »
    Interesting that they put kaka on the right with Gerrard in the middle

It took Benitez how long to make a similar decision (less kaka of course)

Maybe if we sign Kaka it'll make all his decisions easier. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

not so sure about Gallas and RVN...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Can't argue with RVN, he's improved since leaving United and was always a goal machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Call_me_al wrote: »
    not so sure about Gallas and RVN...

Agree about Gallas

But RVN is a demon for Madrid these days..scoring for fun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

Surprised Gallas is in there. I could think of better certainly in 2007.

Not sure about Evra either?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Who would you rate above Evra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

soupie wrote: »

Not sure about Evra either?

Evra is a good shout imo. Since he's joined United he has improved with every single game he's played. He offers amazing talents going forward, and is a quality LB to boot. He can cross a nice ball, can beat players in and around the opposition box, can sometimes score goals, and is always around when needed at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Evra is an excellent player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭soupie

I'd be hard pushed to come up with a better player I suppose for left back when I think about it. just seems a bit average for the other 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Messi should be in that team.

Who would you drop though? He hasn't been as good as Ronaldo or Kaka. Gerrard was poor at the end of last season, and its only been this season he's really deserved that spot. Fabregas was solid at the end of last season, amazing this season so far.

PHB wrote: »
    Who would you drop though? He hasn't been as good as Ronaldo or Kaka. Gerrard was poor at the end of last season, and its only been this season he's really deserved that spot. Fabregas was solid at the end of last season, amazing this season so far.

I'd swap him for Gerrard and move Kaka more central

Surely though your argument for not having Messi is suited to Fabregas to. His form at the end of last season, is nowhere near this season.

Messi got a hattrick against Madrid in March so was still impressive.

Kaka and Fabregas wouldnt work in the middle imo.

Gerrard and fabregas would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Who would you rate above Evra?

Zanetti, Maicon, Puyol , Miguel, Lahm, Zambrotta

Messi was very inconsistant last year. He'd score a hattrick or a brace, then go for 2/3 games without scoring/getting an assist. Infact before that hattrick he hadn't scored or gotten an assist for 13 games.

That said, Fabregas was the same.

Fabregas' job was not solely to do this though, Messis was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Unearthly wrote: »
    Messi should be in that team.

Drop RVN, play Kaka as a supporting striker to Drogba and Messi gets in.

IMO.

RVN was unreal last year, absolutely amazing. He scored 17 goals in the second half of last season. 17!! Probably better than Drogba.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Kaka and Fabregas wouldnt work in the middle imo.

Gerrard and fabregas would be amazing.

I was thinking that but decided these teams are not about would the team gel together, but the best in each position.

It's hard really and I suppose each player has a case for being in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Was Kaka played on the right for Milan ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

RVN was unreal last year, absolutely amazing. He scored 17 goals in the second half of last season. 17!!
    So did Robbie Keane in all comps. Interesting that van Nistelrooy has 9 assists this season according to ESPN. Is he playing a different kind of role this season?

Premiership top scorers 2007:
    PLAYER             CLUB(S)       PLAYED   SCORED 

Robbie Keane       Spurs             31    19 

Cristiano Ronaldo  Man Utd           30    17 

Benni McCarthy     Blackburn         35    15 

Carlos Tevez       West Ham/Man Utd  31    14 

Yakubu             Boro/Everton      32    14 

Nicolas Anelka     Bolton            33    14 

Didier Drogba      Chelsea           26    12

Tusky wrote: »
    Was Kaka played on the right for Milan ?

Don't really watch Serie A but as far as I can remember he played behind Inzaghi centrally

Robbie Keane has also been immense. I do think he's a fantatic player.

He just played amazing, all of his passes came off, he finished like an absolute god, he was just utterly unreal. He and Beckham dragged Real Madrid to the title. That's why he's there. He is class and has the La Liga medal to prove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Zanetti, Maicon, Puyol , Miguel, Lahm, Zambrotta

So, as a left back you rate the following above evra. - A right back, a right back , a centre back who can fill in at right back, a right back, a right back (who can also play well at left back) and a right back.

Nicely done.

Not stupid at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I'd certainly have Chivu ahead of Evra, much better player. I'd also throw Totti in instead of Stevie G.

Also, Maicon is both a left back and a right back as are Lahm and Zambrotta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

eirebhoy wrote: »
    So did Robbie Keane in all comps. Interesting that van Nistelrooy has 9 assists this season according to ESPN. Is he playing a different kind of role this season?

Premiership top scorers 2007:
    PLAYER             CLUB(S)       PLAYED   SCORED 

Robbie Keane       Spurs             31    19 

Cristiano Ronaldo  Man Utd           30    17 

Benni McCarthy     Blackburn         35    15 

Carlos Tevez       West Ham/Man Utd  31    14 

Yakubu             Boro/Everton      32    14 

Nicolas Anelka     Bolton            33    14 

Didier Drogba      Chelsea           26    12

Kind of strange to measure goals via calender year though isnt it ? Its not really relevant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Tauren wrote: »
    So, as a left back you rate the following above evra. - A right back, a right back , a centre back who can fill in at right back, a right back, a right back (who can also play well at left back) and a right back.

Nicely done.

Not stupid at all.

Hehehe. Wow.

I don't watch enought European leagues to know what to make of the team, but I would have put Toure above Gallas first of all anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Kind of strange to measure goals via calender year though isnt it ? Its not really relevant.

Mightn't be relevant but it's pretty impressive regardless. The international Player of the Year awards are mostly done on the calendar year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Tauren wrote: »

Nicely done.

Not stupid at all.

To be fair, Zambrotta can play left back too - and is probably a better left back than Evra IMO. But he doesn't even get his game for Barca these days as far as I can tell, so on the form of the last year, Evra deserves his place ahead of Zambrotta. Chivu was a good shout, whoever said it, but based on what Evra has won last season (plus United 7-1 vs Roma, granted Evra was a sub iirc), I'd have to agree that Evra is the best left back in world football on current form.

Not a bad team overall IMO, centre backs are a bit dodgy maybe, and midfield is always impossible to work out, but a good attempt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

eirebhoy wrote: »
    [/code]

He is playing the way i wish he did for United at times. He's holding the ball up and creates loads of space for other players to move in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I'd certainly have Chivu ahead of Evra, much better player. I'd also throw Totti in instead of Stevie G.

Also, Maicon is both a left back and a right back as are Lahm and Zambrotta

It took this long for Totti to be mentioned...
    Hahahah...

Compromising all balance, Id go with,

Casillas
    Alves/Ramos
    Vidic
    Carvalho---Chivu

Essien

Kaka
    Iniesta

Messi
    Totti

RVN

No Ronaldo? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

eZe^ wrote: »
    It took this long for Totti to be mentioned...
    Hahahah...

Compromising all balance, Id go with,

Casillas
    Ramos/Alves
    Vidic
    Carvalho---Zambrotta

Essien

Kaka
    Iniesta

Messi
    Totti

RVN

Just to pick on you for no reason, Essien has been pretty mediocre this season, and Carvalho hasn't really got going in the past year with injuries. Don't think Vidic is as that good either, gets exposed when he's not alongside Ferdinand. No Ronaldo is a strange call too. Good shout on Iniesta and Ramos though, definitely in with a chance. I think Iniesta is every bit the player Fabregas is.

P.S. I'm nearly sure when I hit the quote button Clichy was there instead of Zambrotta, that was going to be my main criticism but you saved yourself there. Lucky you!
    EDIT: Jaysis now it's Chivu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Just to pick on you for no reason, Essien has been pretty mediocre this season, and Carvalho hasn't really got going in the past year with injuries. Don't think Vidic is as that good either, gets exposed when he's not alongside Ferdinand. No Ronaldo is a strange call too. Good shout on Iniesta and Ramos though, definitely in with a chance. I think Iniesta is every bit the player Fabregas is.

P.S. I'm nearly sure when I hit the quote button Clichy was there instead of Zambrotta, that was going to be my main criticism but you saved yourself there. Lucky you!
    EDIT: Jaysis now it's Chivu!

Im very indecisive about LB, Im even considering Grosso now... Hahahaha... It was between Essien and Gatusso... I like Vidic, and Carvalho... I dont think Kaka would really fit into a 4-3-3 either, but sher, its a bit of a disaster anyway, so why not.. Maybe even Riquelme instead of Kaka... Hahahah, theres too many bloody players to choose from...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

I would put toure instead of gallas and then it would be perfect imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

buffon

brian shelley;)-terry--toure
    evra

fabregas---gerrard

messi
    ronaldo
    kaka

RVD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I definitely would'nt have Gerrard in the team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't get it. What is relevant when talking about the team of 2007? :)

Advertisement