Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Those motor TV shows

Options
  • 28-12-2007 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Yop,

I have been watching some motor TV shows such as "The garage", "Chop Shop", "American Chopper" and I like them very much (Well I getting fed up with American Chopper big time).

The thing is that I really don't understand how those guys work. I mean for sure they are good at what they do, but for god sake, why they are shooting at each other all day long, insulting each other etc.
    Is it just for fun because they are on TV, or are they simply band of dumb*** who are not able to communicate properly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

A mixture of both I'd say we're not talking about rocket scientists here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mick.fr wrote: »
    band of dumb*** who are not able to communicate properly?
    Maybe that's also their target audience! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

The more episodes of American Chopper i see, it seems to look like it is scripted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Maybe that's also their target audience! :D

Well I love nice mechanics, cars etc.
    But really their behavior is putting me off sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Don't forget that when your working with someone 8 hours a day in a physical and sometimes stressful job people revert to slagging each other off in order to cope. It happens quite often and I imagine it's just their way of getting along with each other.

Plus I'm sure there is some scripting to it and the target audience also has something to do with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yeah i think a lot of american chopper is set up to be honest., its still a good show though, i watch it evert now and then., Also theres a lot of people behind the scenes building the bikes and the ones you see are only the show bikes, i dont think they work on bikes every day.,
    oh and Mikey is a legend!.,lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

I'd just like to add here that my brother ordered me an english mobile mechanics t shirt (just like the ones the staff wear) off Jocks website last week. I'm a huge fan of the garage so I cant wait to get it!!! I'm not trying to show off or anything but absolutely none of my friends are into cars so I guess I'll share my excitement with yiz! GLEE! :D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: none of you are to go and order one for yourselves now because then mine will be less exclusive!!!

eo980 wrote: »
    Don't forget that when your working with someone 8 hours a day in a physical and sometimes stressful job people revert to slagging each other off in order to cope. It happens quite often and I imagine it's just their way of getting along with each other.

... I agree. That's what its like in my job and we certainly don't have a camera crew following us, we're just a small company of cabinet makers... its just Laddishness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I watched Deals on Wheels yesterday ( I was sick and it was on Discovery Turbo), I used to love that show years ago but my God its ridiculously bad looking back at it now.

Although i think they should make a new series as its a good idea, Wheeler Dealers just isnt as good. I oike Mike Brewer to, knows his stuff.

I watched Deals on Wheels yesterday ( I was sick and it was on Discovery Turbo), I used to love that show years ago but my God its ridiculously bad looking back at it now.

Although i think they should make a new series as its a good idea, Wheeler Dealers just isnt as good. I oike Mike Brewer to, knows his stuff.

Haven't you seen Auto Trader? It came after Wheeler Dealers... It's more like Deals on Wheels... but they also show people how to spruce up their car to make it more desirable for sale. It's quite good. Mike Brewer and Edd China present it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

mick.fr wrote: »
    The thing is that I really don't understand how those guys work. I mean for sure they are good at what they do, but for god sake, why they are shooting at each other all day long, insulting each other etc.

You obviously never worked in a garage before. Alot of what goes on in 'The Garage' is somewhat similar to what goes on in every garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

The ''You dont have to be mad to work here but it helps'' mantra is very true for the motor trade, i've been in it for the last 6 years and they are all complete mad bastards in the motor trade.

-VB-

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Im perfectly sane thank you very much!,
    "Yeah right",
    shut up you,
    Dont mind him, hes always talkin in me head when im tryin think.

:D

Advertisement