Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side?

Options
  • 28-12-2007 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭

I do drink myself, however, i love football and any 5 a side that gets goin usually ends up in the pub, and eventually the football stops and the pub still goes:mad:

Anyway, i'm in Dublin, am 27, unfit and ok at football. Anyone else be into setting up a regular 5 a side? Nothing serious, just a good game to get the lungs working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Id be interested anyway for sure! Just looking to have a kickabout at the weekend preferably..I live in Fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'd be interested too, I'm moving to Dublin next month and have been looking for somewhere to play indoor/5-aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Richie860504

Yeah, Count me in. What area are you thinking about having it?

Anywhere along the dart line would suit me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I would play, I'm in Killiney.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 headlessloon

i'd defo be up for a kickaround! i live in dun laoghaire - dart line sounds good. how many people have you got? i'll ask around and try to get some more people.

Looks like 6 so far..another 4 and we could at least get 2 teams of 5

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

I am not looking for a game but can offer the following advice.

You may find it very difficult to get a 5-a-side pitch on weekday evenings.
    They are very booked up.

Weekends are much easier and I know that Loughlinstown Leisure centre is available a lot on Sat & Sun.

Also, you would need to start with at least 14 players in order to get a regular 10 players. Best to err on the side of too many rather than to few.

Incidentally outdoor astroturf is generally more popular than indoor halls.

Ask Dave can he come out to play..

Hopefully we can get this sorted. Over by Clontarf looks pretty good(near the gym) or Loughlinstown...even better.

Oh and I agree astroturf is better.

When would suit people best so..weekend or weekdays? It would be the weekend for me anyway

• Advertisement

Hi all,
    I'd love to get involved in this so could someone post/pm the details. The weekend would suit me more anyway. Loughlinstown & Bluepool(Monkstown) have astro pitches. I'll go anywhere accessible in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Cool, the numbers seem to be building anyway:) Weekend suits me. Morning or early afternoon would be ideal?? As for astro or indoor, i don't mind, however, bare in mind the awful weather. At the moment, indoor may be a better option? Hail rain or snow, we'll get a game with indoor. Shall we take a roll call at this point? Say 'I' if you're defo on for it, and 'I +?' if its you + more people you know who are interested. Sound ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭dewsbury

As mentioned , I am not available for playing.

However, I would like to re-state a general preference for outdoor over indoor.

I already play 3 times a week and the weather is never (and I mean never) a problem. The cold & wet makes little difference on astro. In fact many of us prefer the cold. Heat can be more of a problem (indoors & outdoors).

I have never seen witnessed an outdoor game cancelled in 15 years of playing!
    It should not be compared to playing on grass.

There is nothing like fresh air!

I agree with you. I don't like indoor.

I'd prefer outdoor but would still play if we were forced to play indoors.

Don't mind indoor or outdoor as long as I'm on the winning team!!! Can't play on Mondays as I already play that night but any other night whether weekend or weekday is grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

I count 7 at the mo.

Me
    estebancambias
    EF
    KAG1888
    Richie860504
    headlessloon
    zabbo

I reckon we get 12 people. If everyone shows up, we have 6-a-side. 10 show, we have 5-a-side, 8 show we have 4-a-side. Anything below is too low.

How does Saturday's sometime between 10am and 1pm suit everyone thats in so far?

Saturday morning suits me fine. Astro turf pitch preferably too. Would be good to lose the Xmas belly :D

Yeah suits me grand. Pushing towards one though if possible. I say if we get 4on 4, play with a small samba ball. Loughlinstown is always empty at weekend.

Yeah any time on saturday would be grand. No matter where it is, I'll be there.

• Advertisement

Where you situated Richie? Hopefully we can get a place that suits everyone to some degree.

Do players have to be on Boards? I could get probably an other player if needs be.

Situated in Coolock but have a car so don't mind where it is.

Hopefully we can get this sorted out quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 headlessloon

saturday mornin fine with me. dartline would be good.

Saturday is fine with me too. I went to a game last Friday in Monkstown on their pitches and it was good so thats what im going to do on Friday's now for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

Do players have to be on Boards? I could get probably an other player if needs be.

It's open to everyone so bring your friends! My boyfriend is going.

Cool.

What's happening with setting up this 5 a-side. Will it be set up anytime soon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭NonDrinkersClub

JimiTime - let me know when you have details for this and I'll put 'em on the website www.nondrinkersgroup.com! :) 5-a-side a great idea by the way...good on ya!

Advertisement