Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese in City Center

Options
  • 28-12-2007 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Can somebody recommend me a good Chinese restaurant in Dublin city center?

Somewhere relaxed that's not frantic and too loud.

Jade and Noble House are the 2 highest rated on menupages.ie. Is there anything wrong with either? Not sure if I trust just 15 reviews.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a lovely place on parnell street beside the new Chapters, tiny place, don't know the name cos it's in chinese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

The place beside the peoples cafe in Caple street has Korean Bar-b-Q, I'd recommend it anytime. I think it's called Hi-Lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

The Good World on Sth Georges St used to be very good but I havent been there in a while so not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Kingsland.

Fans

&

The Noble House.

All on Dame St and all very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

studiorat wrote: »
    The place beside the peoples cafe in Caple street has Korean Bar-b-Q, I'd recommend it anytime. I think it's called Hi-Lan.

Ohh I second Hi-Lan, extremely delicous. Myself and the missus love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055175803
    The above thread that threw up a few. Final port of call was Abacus Chinese also on Parnell Street.
    Abacus was really nice, Portions were tiny though for the price you pay, e18 for chicken curry, the girlfriend asked for chips and I think in total she got 10 on the plate. Other than that the service was excelent and it was a lovely place, Food was brilliant too.
    HTH,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

The Imperial is lovely, as is the Good World. They both do real deal chinese food and they're around the corner from each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Did I hear a nasty rumour that there's an all you can eat Chinese in Abbey St?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

keano_afc wrote: »

Yup, I heard that one too. And from my 25st bro-in-law!..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

It's opposite Arnotts, passed it a while back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i told you about that ages ago, its where the lebanese place used to be. €8.50 for the all you can eat. its in middle abbey street. not as nice as the turkish place in the epicurian

Is the Prince still on Middle Abbey St. (Liffey St. Side)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Peteer wrote: »
    Is the Prince still on Middle Abbey St. (Liffey St. Side)?

The Prince is now gone, I used to love that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

i told you about that ages ago, its where the lebanese place used to be. €8.50 for the all you can eat. its in middle abbey street. not as nice as the turkish place in the epicurian

Is that all you can eat too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭JMCD

Yea its nice aswell.A bit sceptic when my friends told me about it but was in there recently and was pleastently surprised.Its 9.50 now do I think.

Not a place you would go for a meal in the sense of sitting around having a few drinks and chatting in between courses.More of, come in eat and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Fingalgal

Charming Noodles on Parnell St. Gardiner St. end. Mainly do noodles which are delicious. Also do other dishes. Check out the Cantonese Duck. You can get that and a starter for under €10 on their lunch special.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,144 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

On a similar note, does anyone know any city centre Chinese restaurants that don't use MSG?

After a few MSG reactions, I've been playing it safe and sticking to Thai places like Siam Thai where MSG isn't used.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

There's a place on Capel Street near McQuillans called Hilan.. Not the swankiest place you'll ever eat but it is very authentic and relaxed.. Any time I've eaten there the majority of diners have been of oriental origin which indicates that the food is probably as close to the real deal as it gets in Dublin.. Very reasonably priced too.. However there is no wine list and the only beer you can get is a Chinese beer called Tsingtao, which I found quite palatable :) If you're planning on going on a Friday or Saturday night I'd book cause it can be quite busy...

xzanti wrote: »
    There's a place on Capel Street near McQuillans called Hilan.. Not the swankiest place you'll ever eat but it is very authentic and relaxed.. Any time I've eaten there the majority of diners have been of oriental origin which indicates that the food is probably as close to the real deal as it gets in Dublin.. Very reasonably priced too.. However there is no wine list and the only beer you can get is a Chinese beer called Tsingtao, which I found quite palatable :) If you're planning on going on a Friday or Saturday night I'd book cause it can be quite busy...

Is that the one just around the corner? I think its across from that camping place not sure of the name do.

JMCD wrote: »
    Is that the one just around the corner? I think its across from that camping place not sure of the name do.

Sounds like it alright but I don't remember them them doing a buffet, I haven't been there in a while though...

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    Sounds like it alright but I don't remember them them doing a buffet, I haven't been there in a while though...

Yea I know the one.........always meant to try it but never did. But I think I will know after your advice! And if its not nice im coming to get you:D:D:D

dancor wrote: »
    The Prince is now gone, I used to love that place.

That's a pity.

JMCD wrote: »
    Yea I know the one.........always meant to try it but never did. But I think I will know after your advice! And if its not nice im coming to get you:D:D:D

Ah no I think you'll like it... They have this stuff that you can cook yourself in these vat type contraptions that are built into some of the tables, I've seen people doing it but never done it myself, looks like fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Solarball10

I LOVE Full House! That's the all u can eat one on Abbey Street - delicious and a complete bargain!

Advertisement