Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom sinks - Where to find a vanity top?

Options
  • 28-12-2007 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for a vanity top for a new bathroom. But i'm having trouble finding examples close to home. I've seen many online but none in ireland.

In case people may have seen one but didn't know the name. A vanity top is a bathroom counter top made of various materials (natural stone, recon, pressed materials etc), that has a combined basin. So the sink and counter are all one piece.
    Not to be confused with a "vanity counter top", which is a counter top for a vanity unit, often fitted with an undermount sink.

Its hard to separate the two online, but I can post pictures if it helps.

Any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

For a moment there, I thought you were looking for those hideous plastic units that fitted over the sink, incorporating a mirror and some small shelves. Why on earth would a person want one??!! My house had one in a fetching shade of tangerine which perfectly matched the bathroom suite.

I'd say the web is your only man for what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I have seen them on the web, but buting one in the states will add considerable cost to it. Shipping won't be cheap.

Here is an example of one. It looks to be pressed metal, ceramic coated like a bath. I'd prefere recon stone as the edge on the metal one looks a bit poor
    30511WH.jpg

Here is a stone one.
    CV2225.jpg

I cross between the two would be the best. The solid edge of the stone with the lack of a corner of the metal. Either material, any one seen one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Theres a company in dublin that is very good at getting their hands on select bathrooms.
    Plumbworld ,also known as H&V sales Ireland.

They are a family run business ,dealing in bathrooms for years and they had also served their time as plumbers:)

I don't have any web details ,sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Thanks for that,
    ill try them, its always best to shop around so any other ideas

Advertisement