Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What level of racism is tolerated on Boards.ie?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

DeVore wrote: »
    Yes, you've said very little BUT that in the last 2 hours.

Amazingly, you whinged when you werent getting a "decent discussion" about a topic and now you sound like a little girl with a skinned knee having gotten one that doesnt align with your point of view.

If you believe my (and CAI's!) analysis of the copyright law is wrong or faulty then please say so. If a copyright owner were to complain to us about breach of copyright we would act on it (ie: if someone attached copyright material to a post). We even delete posts and ban users that link to obviously copyright protected material (such as music on the music forums).

What I'm not about to do is ban linking because it MIGHT link to protected material. Nor am I going to remove links to Insubstantial Copying, because thats protected by law.

Now, which bit of the above do you think they will have a problem with? Because I can tell you that I bet they wished every site was like us!!

DeV.
    As for TV-Links... They arrested the Mod but didnt charge him. They said he COULD be facing ritual disembowelment maybe, if he was guilty, and the judge imposed the maximum sentence.

Scare tactics by big corporate bullies.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Weird thing is, he started off arguing that he should be allow talk about torrents, even bragged about discussing them in real life.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Guys and gals, I'm sorry but I have to run off for a few hours ... pressing matters.

See you all later for more fun ...
    No. You wont.

This thread is being closed.

As I have said, we have consistently removed links to obviously copyright protected material (such as music on the music forums).

What I'm not about to do is ban linking because it MIGHT link to protected material. Nor am I going to remove links to Insubstantial Copying, because thats protected by law.

Now, which bit of the above do you think they will have a problem with? Because I can tell you that I bet they wished every site was like us!!

Good luck with your crusade though, post any correspondence here to let us know how it goes...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement