Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No money, but i need players!

Options
  • 28-12-2007 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Right, so ive been climbing the leagues here.
    -Started in league 2 with no money.
    -Went bankrupt.
    -Got promoted to league 1 and aquired a couple of ok players.
    -Won league 1 that same season and got maybe 3 new players on frees and cheaps. No one special, and certainly no one of championship standard really.

So here i am, Ive basically no money, and a squad of average players, where am i going to get money from? I really need an injection of cash but i dont see that comming.
    Am i basically going to have to wait it out until over the years i eventually build up some money?
    Oh, and im Carlisle btw, so i kinda need a new stadium if im to draw in championship crowds. Bahh

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The woes of being a manager, eh?

I say get a few reserves from the Premiership sides on loan and see who you can get. I'm sure you might have tried that already but just to let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Dalli.S

I find, scouring released players a good way to get plyers on the very very cheap.

The other option would be to start sending out scouts to places like poland, sweden, turkey etc....... lesser known leagues to scour for any hidden gems.

And scotland is always good for that (finding gems)

Example, Kostadinov (£150k) when i was in league 1, scores 25-30 a season. on 15 in 14 in the prem at the moment.

BTW, what constitutes no money for you?? Like £500k or less??

Tranfer listed players are also worth a try. Newcastles Ameobi was worth
    £2.5m, but was on the market for £110k when i was in the championship. Wouldnt sign to a lower league though......

and of course, young loan signings from the mid table clubs are a good bet. even better chance from those teams that have just been relegated and larger clubs in the championship, the likes of southampton and wolves, if they aint gone up......

Any Help????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Asking the board to become a feeder club to a bigger team can provide a cash boost, plus the bigger club may loan you some of their players.
    Loans are a good short term move as you will often not have to pay wages, but you will end up losing those players eventually, which is bad for squad continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Shamrogue

Dalli.S wrote: »
    The other option would be to start sending out scouts to places like poland, sweden, turkey etc....... lesser known leagues to scour for any hidden gems.

Cant scout further then Britain as the board are clinging to there money
    Dalli.S wrote: »
    Example, Kostadinov (£150k) when i was in league 1, scores 25-30 a season. on 15 in 14 in the prem at the moment.

BTW, what constitutes no money for you?? Like £500k or less??
    £150k, thats a bit rich!! Seriously, no money. I Just barely get a profit at the end of the year even after winning the league, the cost of rewarding players for promotion and wage increases basically leaves me with a very low profit balance.

Ive tried the odd loan signing and one or two havnt been so bad but mostly there not interested in Carlisle and the ones that are are worse then my own players.

I asked about the feeder club last season, no joy, board didnt do anything. Might try again. I need a bigger stadium also, mines tiny, 15000 maybe if im lucky but again ive no money to build it bigger.

While were talking about trying to make money does anyone know how to organise a fan day?
    My stadium can hold 10,000 but for a recent cup game only 275 people turned up! (had i been a real manager I would have personally shake hands and thanked every fan individually and still be home in time for tea!)

*I'm MVV by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

at the start of the season arrange cups and leagues against big clubs even average clubs as your carlisle, offer them half of the money generated from the cup or league and they should accept in football manager 07 i had a file with celtic started off with hardly any money and organised around 15 friendlies making about 500K-1million per match didnt recieve the money until the january transfer window but after a few seasons doing it your blance is huge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

bean machine's spot on. that's a pretty reliable way of getting some cash.

I also see that having a feeder club in Asia will raise the balances a bit, but you'd want to be in the premiership for that, as it requires a pretty big outlay to start the relationship. Still, something to aspire too.

at the start of the season arrange cups and leagues against big clubs even average clubs as your carlisle, offer them half of the money generated from the cup or league and they should accept in football manager 07 i had a file with celtic started off with hardly any money and organised around 15 friendlies making about 500K-1million per match didnt recieve the money until the january transfer window but after a few seasons doing it your blance is huge!!

I organized a friendlies against Milwall, Arsenal and Juuventus (as MVV) for this very reason. Unfortunately my entire squad was away on holiday and the sell out crowds were not impressed by losing 6-1, 17-0 and 9-0 respectively. The greyed out players werent worth a damn! Never mangaed a single shot on goal against Arsenal or Juve..

If you have a big team over for a friendly, after the game its always worth clicking manager interaction and thanking them for the friendly. They will grow to like you and be more willing to arrange freindlies with you in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

- Going through all released players in last few months will find a few gems.
    - For players transfer listed by the big clubs, offer them £0 + 20-50% of next sale. Can work wonders!

- Right, here's the big one. But it takes patience and LOTS OF IT! Pick a decent player who's just outside your strongest 11. Transfer list him and change status to 'not needed'.
    Then start offering him to clubs BUT for a fraction of his value! Then, when a tonne of clubs offer for him, reject all offers and offer to clubs again for a slightly increased value!
    Repeat this process and one by one, the clubs will lose interest until you'ree left with one very good offer. I just sold my 4th choice centre half for £825k. he was only worth £28k but that was an exceptional case.

I'm Rotherham, Championship, 8300 seats (now building 1400 more) and have 6million in the bank. Also, there's no point in asking for a stadium expansion until you have at least 3mil in the kitty.

bean machine's spot on. that's a pretty reliable way of getting some cash.

I also see that having a feeder club in Asia will raise the balances a bit, but you'd want to be in the premiership for that, as it requires a pretty big outlay to start the relationship. Still, something to aspire too.

Any more tips on getting asian/american feeders? i just keep getting crap european teams!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

TheBa wrote: »
    Any more tips on getting asian/american feeders? i just keep getting crap european teams!

no, it seems really random unfortunately. just keep rejecting and pestering the board til they offer you the right one.

no, it seems really random unfortunately. just keep rejecting and pestering the board til they offer you the right one.

I just heard from a mate that if you tour usa/china/japan every year, it helps your chances. But you gotta be a big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Yeah you won't get an Asian or American feeder unless you're a big club and have money.Sure most of them cost you at least a million a year before you start to see a return.Fan days are picked at random you have no control over when they happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Same situation, York down in the bottom division.

New stadium on the way [2013 :/], €10k to spend on transfers. Not the easiest thing I've ever done!

Advertisement