Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subscription Service that I never Applied For.

Options
  • 28-12-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭

I recently have been ported over from meteor to vodafone and ever since i did I have been getting messages from 'Babe House'.:rolleyes:

I just topped up by €20 and low and behold about 10 messages from Babe House. Credit now gone. I never applied for this service. Ever.

Is there anyway that I can claim back my money?

I have since texted back STOP and I got a message back stating that it has been stopped but I am sick. 20 quid down the drain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact Comreg for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Don't contact Comreg, contact Regtel. They are the people to talk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here might be a place to start as mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Pythia wrote: »
    Don't contact Comreg, contact Regtel. They are the people to talk to.

Thank you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

reply to the number the text came from with the word "stop" (its a universal command regardless of operator) if the operator of the text service fails to stop after you sending that text then they are in line for VERY heavy fines PER text message recieved.

also, ring vodafone and inform them of the situation (they will not refund your credit) but they should be able to help stop it their end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Also see if you can contact the service provider via phone or email.
    Be persistant and they may send you credit to replace what was lost.
    I was reimbursed a few months back from one of these crowds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

bronte wrote: »
    Also see if you can contact the service provider via phone or email.
    Be persistant and they may send you credit to replace what was lost.
    I was reimbursed a few months back from one of these crowds.

thank you.

i'm sick of it. i really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I don't blame you, it's very frustrating..particularly when you never asked for the stupid service.
    Do fight it out with them.
    They need to be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

miju wrote: »
    reply to the number the text came from with the word "stop" (its a universal command regardless of operator) if the operator of the text service fails to stop after you sending that text then they are in line for VERY heavy fines PER text message recieved.

also, ring vodafone and inform them of the situation (they will not refund your credit) but they should be able to help stop it their end

Yes, do ring vodafone, in my case they did refund the credit once I explained the situation to them. (it was my daughters phone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Call me nuts, but once I subscribed to something for ringtones and it cost me a fortune, so I text "Stop" but they still kept sending me messages so I emailed the company itself and lo and behold a few weeks later a shiny €1 coin arrived!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

well then you should have reported them to the regulatory authority who have plenty of teeth and can impose fines on them through the courts

that "stop" command is a universal one that all service providers must adhere to as it was brought into regulations early last year IIRC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

miju wrote: »
    well then you should have reported them to the regulatory authority who have plenty of teeth and can impose fines on them through the courts

Who on earth are you talking about???

OP, PM me if you're still having trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

see the sticky at the top of the page on "your consumer rights" - there is a section on how to report unwanted premium rate services.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement