Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair "Taxes and charges"

Options
  • 28-12-2007 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

I know that this has probably been done to death, but Ryanair's "taxes and charges" are the biggest scam ever

If you book a 1c flight in their sale the taxes and charges to LGW are 4.99 each way whereas if you book a 25euro seat the taxes shoot up to over 55.00

Taxes and charges are supposed to be a stable figure that does change eg VAT, how do they get away with this?

For example, I booked a flight to LGW and when I selected it it was 0.01 each way plus tax which was coming up at 20euro return (taxes have changed again), however, between selecting the flight and paying the seat must have gone and was given a regular fare on the way back which was 25.99 + tax so the total fare went from 26euro (inc CC fee) to 81.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

I don't see the problem. The 55 euro taxes are the 'proper' price. The tax at 4.99 per way is discounted due to the "€5 per way" promotion and the 20 euro return is presumably due to the "10 euro each way" promotion that they seem to continually offer. With both of these offers Ryanair LOSE money on your ticket IF you fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Just wondering if you dont fly how can you reclaim the taxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Don't think you can reclaim the taxes (even though you are technically entitled to them)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Ryanair levy a €25 "administration" charge on refunds of "taxes"

Per flight? I have about 6 flights so would they take the €25 from each of them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭squibs

Do you have any concept of how cheap your flight to London actually is? You are flying a couple of hundred miles and back for less than it would cost you to take a poxy train from Cork to Dublin.

squibs wrote: »
    Do you have any concept of how cheap your flight to London actually is? You are flying a couple of hundred miles and back for less than it would cost you to take a poxy train from Cork to Dublin.

The flights are ridiculously cheap, but they should be clear on all the various costs and how refundable they are.

Personally i wouldn't mind if they just said no refunds - but they should straight-out say that rather than confuse the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Personally i wouldn't mind if they just said no refunds - but they should straight-out say that rather than confuse the issue.

They are probably prohibited by law from saying "No Refunds".

yeh, good point actually penexpers!

/ i withdraw my previous sugggestion

squibs wrote: »
    I understand that fully but my understanding of it is that an airline only has to pay taxes and charges for a passenger that travels, if i didnt travel then why should they be allowed to keep them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I know that the flights are very cheap, if you book at the right time, the reason I started this thread was to complain about the fact that the "taxes and charges" change depending on the fare.

Taxes and charges should be fixed and to be honest should only be the direct government tax levied on the flight and not things such as;

- Wheelchair levy
    - Passenger service charge
    - Landing fees
    - Insurance
    etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »
    Has anyone actually successfully done this?

I've e-mailed them but surprise surprise no reply

How did you do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

daveirl wrote: »
    Thanks i'll try that tomorrow

Do you know if the administration charge is per passenger, per flight, or per transaction, and how much is it

Advertisement