Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using dog loo as green cone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,167 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I converted a green bin into a compost heap by cutting a hatch into the bottom.
    Only yesterday did I notice that rats/mice had started to use the bin as a source of food, so I have placed a stone up against the hatch to prevent this. Assuming you can seal it and place wire mesh under the base of it, I think it would work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

How did the vermin actually get into the green cone? Would you mind elavborating on exactly what you did to convert it into a compost bin?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Yorky wrote: »
    How did the vermin actually get into the green cone? Would you mind elavborating on exactly what you did to convert it into a compost bin?
    Sounds likehe had a hole in the side of the bin, at the bottom, food exposed. How its blocked with a stone

Advertisement