Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any single ladies in here?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kazobel

These cyber muffins sure sound tasty though... do they have blueberries in them?

No silly, cyber muffins contain Blackberrys :rolleyes:

blackberry88001.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

tom dunne wrote: »
    It has to be asked again - why are almost 50% of respondents male on a female forum?

Too many men in touch with their feminine side, tbh.

tom this post would be more scathing were it not posted in that very same womens forum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Lol @ thaed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

So who do you fancy :p

How can you fancy someone over a message board?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lux23 wrote: »

I dunno i am new to these things

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Lux23 wrote: »

sometimes personalities just shine through :D

i know several people who fancy people over message boards, and i know quite a few who have gone the whole hog and met up with them and are now in relationships.

hell, look at how i ended up in nz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Don't forget the old story of the guy who was chatting to a girl in the US, he was from the UK. He sold his house, left his job and went out to her. When he got to the airport she never arrived. He was in the US with no house, no job, and no way of getting any welfare. As they say in law, Caveat Empor - Buyer beware! LOL

not saying it doesn't happen I actually met a nice lady online, but we spilt after she got very possesive and was bouncing my cheques, and ordering stuff in my name and not paying for it. Messed up my credit rating for 5 years! Thanks!!

yeah, ive heard a few stories like that, but at the same time, i know a good few happy ending ones too, and im determined to be part of the latter :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

dont know about message boards but i met my ex on myspace was with her for a bit more than a year. it was the best and worst relationship iv ever had(worst coz i cared and therefore things hurt(lol i was gona say hurted))

over it now. have had trouble getting into a relationship since(not "scoring" per se but moving on from casual) dont know if that was the interwebs fault tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Some of my friends have gone out with people they initially met online and things just started from there. I don't really see how it's that much different than going on a blind date, well, with perhaps the advantage of having something to talk to eachother about. Many of my best friends are people I started talking to online.

It's easier for muppets to appear normal online though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

in a relationship and very happy!! :)

Blush_01 wrote: »
    It's easier for muppets to appear normal online though.

oooohhhhoooooo hell ye although i think normal and acceptable internet behaviour is very different to normal and acceptable behaviour.

for example i dont walk around trying to pick an argument (i prefer to think of it as a debate) about any subject that pops up but when im on the net that tends to be what i do. some people turn into arrogant pricks and some people have a complete alter ego......you will never know until you meet them for real i dont think(but then iv only ever met one person from the net)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think I'm about the same in real life as I am online, maybe a bit squishier. The number of people who're completely different is astonishing though. Especially when you don't find out what they're really like for a few months. People can be real eye-openers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

im going to wait til im 65 before i touch any chick i meet over the internet... the absence of interaction in person and eye contact really would take the fun out of it for me.

Meeting people in person is nicer. Chatting people is fun :)

.. besides.. I like going out on saturday nights with my duck tape, screwdriver and a balaclava way too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

narco wrote: »
    sometimes personalities just shine through :D

i know several people who fancy people over message boards, and i know quite a few who have gone the whole hog and met up with them and are now in relationships.

hell, look at how i ended up in nz!

I know that but really you can't tell if there is real chemistry till you meet someone for real. Im not saying meeting people online doesn't work but you really can't tell if you really fancy them till you see them in the flesh.

it was two years before i met my fella in the flesh. i could tell i fancied him, believe me. in fact, he was better in life than id anticipated, and ive a friend in a very similar situation to me, and she said the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

PeakOutput wrote: »
    have had trouble getting into a relationship since(not "scoring" per se but moving on from casual)

SNAP!

Call me? :p

Rozabeez wrote: »
    SNAP!

Call me? :p

pics plx

no smilies .......im serious..........deadly serious..............ted bundy serious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Oh man, look at his serious typing.

it was two years before i met my fella in the flesh. i could tell i fancied him, believe me. in fact, he was better in life than id anticipated, and ive a friend in a very similar situation to me, and she said the same thing.

actually, just wanting to elaborate on that, the first time we met, and the first few days we spent together, just felt like meeting up with an old friend i'd not seen for ages. so much about each other was already so familiar.

• Advertisement

actually, just wanting to elaborate on that, the first time we met, and the first few days we spent together, just felt like meeting up with an old friend i'd not seen for ages. so much about each other was already so familiar.

had u seen pics tho?

oh yeah, we'd known each other for almost two years, had been a couple for about a year and a half, we met online, where most of our relationship happened, between messageboards, PMs, emails, msn, the occassional vidcall, but we also wrote to each otehr, and sent each other stuff, and texted, and phoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I'm single for the first time in 5 yr since I was 16!!! and its CLASS hi!!! :Dgod men are complicated though, all this defining of 'dating' and 'seeing' each other - argghhh!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Despite being currently singe, a goth and brunette I don't think I am quiet what you are looking for
    Awww...
    but sure the next time I am heading to dominion I will give you a shout and we can see if can find you a lady friend in there.
    Meh, don't have a costume for it:( Otherwise I would've gone by now.
    Right who else has an okstupid account and really why aren't ye using them instead of here ?
    Bloody thing isn't attracting anyone :( Signed up on one or two of those things, for the craic.

=-=

As for being different off-line, dunno. Here I can talk to one and all, off line, I'd be shyer, but I'm not really shy. Meh :/

Advertisement