Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus at LGW

Options
  • 29-12-2007 1:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Anyone been using the LGW-DUB route recently?

I've been flying LGW-DUB-LGW a lot recently, and have 2-3 bookings per month for at least the next three months.

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on ground services at Gatwick (check in etc), load factors, punctuality etc etc. I've only had one less-than-perfect experience but interested to see how others are finding it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 gary o

Good to see EI back on the route,offering the earlier departure from DUB than BA or FR,i perfer flying Aer Lingus in general,nicer atmosphere on board than either ryanair or BA especially,the south terminal at LGW can get very congested at times,especially during the summer,i plan on flying EI to LGW in a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Only problem I can see with EI at LGW is their handling agent Menzies. Menzies set up in LGW in 2007 having been awarded the easyJet handling contract. Having found their feet, they've taken on Aer Lingus and Centralwings, but 90% of their operations are still easyJet. They have a small team of Aer Lingus trained passenger service agents and dispatch/ramp staff, who all work on the easyJet side of things when not needed by Aer Lingus. Because of the size of the contract, you can guarantee that if easyJet's having a bad day, the others will suffer because it's all hands on deck for easyJet and then Aer Lingus is dealt with after. Happened to me on Christmas Eve.

Advertisement