Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar Hero 2 game

• 29-12-2007 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭

Can you buy this game on its own anywhere?? have guitar hero 3 bundle already but want the 2nd one game only

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

in the same boat been looking but it is impossible to get on its own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Couldn't find it anywhere either.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dh-49-en-15-guitar+hero+2-70-28uh.html

I'm getting it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Before you buy the game if you haven't already... Tesco Now sell GH3 with 2 guitars (wired) for €99... Very cheap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I ordered it from play-asia last week, and it shipped today (works out about €40)

It was announced last week that it is being released without the guitar on the 360 on January 25th.
    Eurogamer wrote:
    Activision has confirmed to Eurogamer that it is set to release a standalone version of Guitar Hero II for Xbox 360 in the UK so that people who started off with the third game in the series can go back and see what the fuss was about.

Guitar Hero II's solus release will be arriving in shops in the UK on 25th January, in line with reports last week.

In case you've forgotten, number 2 included the likes of Kansas' "Carry on Wayward Son", Foo Fighters' "Monkey Wrench", Alice in Chains' "Them Bones", Guns N' Roses' "Sweet Child O' Mine", Rage Against The Machine's "Killing in the Name" and The Allman Brothers Band's Top Gear theme, or rather "Jessica".

The game was the first in the series to have co-operative play, although it isn't as developed as GH3's and there's no online play.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=90268

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Shwing. I've been holding off getting GH, but with 2 controllers for 100 squid?You cant go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

Varkov wrote: »
    Shwing. I've been holding off getting GH, but with 2 controllers for 100 squid?You cant go wrong.

ive been holding off too but i dont like the idea of a wired guitar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've a copy of guitar hero 2 that I'm willing to sell.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Kenny 5 wrote: »
    I've a copy of guitar hero 2 that I'm willing to sell.:)

I'd be willing to buy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

unklerosco wrote: »
    I'd be willing to buy...

Will drop you a PM.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I've seen it around Limerick, for like 40 quid, just the game.... Gamestop at the Parkway, if thats any help.

• Advertisement

look in second hand piles in shops... I've found a few there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,027 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got my copy off PlayAsia... much recommended!

i just got the guitar hero 3 bundle yesterday, ive heard guitar hero 2 is better, can anyone justify this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It's got a better song list imo. The game itself doensn't have as many features as 3 does, but i prefer 2 myself.

some of the songs are really hard on medium, i play guitar in real life and i think thats easier than this game:D

I much preferred GH2. GH3 was a lot more challenging and has much better online play, but for sheer enjoyment, GH2 is top.

chrislad wrote: »
    I much preferred GH2. GH3 was a lot more challenging and has much better online play, but for sheer enjoyment, GH2 is top.
    Am finding GH2 harder than GH3 to be honest.. might be just me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 derekjbyrne

Does any1 know where there are good deals on GH2 or GH3 bundles at the moment? I'm looking to buy it but seems to be ~110 for game and guitar.

Thanks.

HMV are 95 for the game and guitar for GH3. Best I've seen it.

It's sickening that the PS2 version is less than 60.

I know, does any1 know if Tesco are still running the deal mentioned above?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Would be keen to find out also.

I know they don't advertise it on there Irish website.

I know, does any1 know if Tesco are still running the deal mentioned above?
    Tusky wrote: »
    Would be keen to find out also.

The Tesco I saw it in had a big stack (40+ boxes).... That was in New Ross.. I checked again yesterday and they still have tons of them.

€99 for GH3 (xbox360) with 2 wired controllers.

I'm annoyed cos I bought GH3 a few weeks ago, and now I can't buy a second controller on it's own :( Why do they advertise a great 2 player game, but don't let you get a second controller for it without buying the exact same game again :(

Cully wrote: »
    The Tesco I saw it in had a big stack (40+ boxes).... That was in New Ross.. I checked again yesterday and they still have tons of them.

I'm annoyed cos I bought GH3 a few weeks ago, and now I can't buy a second controller on it's own :( Why do they advertise a great 2 player game, but don't let you get a second controller for it without buying the exact same game again :(

Cheers. Can anyone confirm is this offer is in any of the tesco shops in Dublin ?

Tusky wrote: »
    Cheers. Can anyone confirm is this offer is in any of the tesco shops in Dublin ?

I recommend phoning your local tesco and asking them. They'll be able to tell you if they have any in stock also.

You can get the number from tesco.ie

I always find them very helpful (if I can get through).

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Cully wrote: »

For those interested.....

Just rang New Ross, and its for playstation 2 only they said.

Also rang waterford, they never heard of the offer and were completely sold out of the game. (360 version)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

I called 3 different Tesco stores in Limerick and they had never heard of the deal. Also, called the New Ross Tesco and they said they only have it for Playstation.

Any ideas, you sure it was Xbox in New Ross?

Knew it was too good to be true.

djb85 wrote: »
    I called 3 different Tesco stores in Limerick and they had never heard of the deal. Also, called the New Ross Tesco and they said they only have it for Playstation.

Any ideas, you sure it was Xbox in New Ross?

It was definitely Xbox when I looked at it... Maybe there are PS2 ones aswell... The reason it was wierd to me was because there were 2 "wired" controllers... which seems to be the only downside.

I can only check on friday evening.. :/

It wasn't advertised anywhere... just a pile of boxes thrown in the corner.

• Advertisement

Yep.. saw the PS2 version with 2 wired guitars yesterday in Tesco for €99.

Advertisement