Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit Hutch / Cage

• 29-12-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I am looking out for a 4 foot / 1 meter long Rabbit cage, plastic base & wire going over it. pet shops sell them for 60euros - 80 euros as they are quite large. Has anyone come across them any cheaper?

p.s - not sure if this is the right place to place such a thread but seen as alot of members use this thread regarding animals and pets i was thinking it is a good place to start :)

Thanks everyone & Happy new year!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Are you ever going to put it outside? If so, don't get plastic ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

Have a look at www.zooplus.ie. They are German based but the site is aimed at Ireland, hence the .ie domain. I got a large Ferret cage off them a few weeks ago and it arrived within 5 days.

Duzzie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

i plan to keep the cage and bunny indoors.

88euro for the large cage. i think i will try somplace in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Try the large gardening centre's, or maybe your local gardening centre, as they sometimes stock them, or something that would suit them.

• Advertisement

thanks the_syco, i will shop around and have a look.

all the best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bainne2

Have you thought about making one yourself? Using some wire mesh from woodies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Duzzie

I think you will be very lucky to find cheaper in Ireland, particularly for an indoor hutch. I was looking around for mouse cages a few months back and found them to be very expensive. I ended up buying 2 from the UK, including shipping, for the same price that i would have paid for one, of the very same cage, here in Ireland.

There is www.petbliss.ie, although i have never used them, might be worth a look.

Your best bet is to look at some of the UK based websites or even take a trip up to one of the pet superstores up in the north.

Making your own is another option as sugested by Bainne2.

Duzzie

i want a buy a ready made one, one 4 foot long and about 2foot high..seen them in pet store and they look great, the shop i seen them in was 80euro for it, im taking a trip over to another petshop now in westmeath and il see what they have.

Advertisement