Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro in Drogheda/Louth

Options
  • 29-12-2007 3:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am thinking of making the switch from IBB 3mb Breeze to Digiweb 5mb Metro and was just wondering what the service was like?

I've searched back a few pages and don't see anything about digiweb so that's probably a good thing.

Anyone had any problems? Gaming specifically?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I celebrated 2 year anniversary of having it in Limerick recently. Pings are mostly OK for me (not dependant on package as they are same now on 10Mbps as they were on 3Mbps package).

My phone was dodgy at first but when that was sorted I transferred the number and disposed of eircom which is a nearly 26 Euro month saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Cant fault them really....best of the wireless operators..

And he works for a competitor :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

N1. The caps and the low upspeeds are the only disadvantage I think but 50gigs a month should do me.

I've heard the phone service is excellent (and non-VOIP). Did a couple of tests on a friends connection in Portlaoise over the week end with superb results. 2987 download on 3mb line and 0% loss over 500 pings to various IPs. Haven't tried gaming yet which is the real stickler but even without that is seems to be a much better service than IBB.

Also for 3mb + phone its €35 a month compared to IBB 3mb (no phone) €48 a month.

Definitely changing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

• Advertisement

The upload speeds are about x2 similar DSL packages.

The phone service is a dedicated kind of VOIP over a private network, so unlike 3rd Party VOIP such as Blueface or Skype, the "Quality of Service" and phone socket is "built in".

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ronoc75

I was with Digiweb in Drogheda until recently and from my experience the service is very good when it works! As it is a line of sight product, heavy rain, snow and fog will all interfere with your signal and you will need a clear line of sight to their antenna which is located on the Lourdes hospital. Finally I would point out that I found the phone service to be quite unreliable although that was not a major problem as I rarely used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Thanks for the replies ppl.

Any joy with gaming specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It should be perfect for gaming. Latency is at least as good as DSL, sometimes significantly better.

Advertisement