Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter 4: First gameplay footage released!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Today at 13:50. Reason: Mistakes were made...

hehehe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Crimson Viper is stacked.

Capcom, I heartily approve! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 bigsalabdul

This looks brilliant, its gonna be hard to play on the xbox 360 tho, the d-pad for that is gonna be terrible, prob be best on the ps3

Go Akuma!:D

This looks brilliant, its gonna be hard to play on the xbox 360 tho, the d-pad for that is gonna be terrible, prob be best on the ps3

Go Akuma!:D
    Akuma's not been shown -- yet -- but I'm gonna get some sticks for this.

And BlazBlue.
    And Battle Fantasia.
    And King of Fighters XII.
    And Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

King of fighters XII looks great, well from the short blurred footage I've seen. However we all know SNK will never release it on PAL format for several years, if at all.

But yeah Akuma will be there, just wait.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The playstation d-pad is even worse for these games and both controllers only have 4 face buttons, totally useless for capcom games. Unfortunately whatever console you get it on you'll have to shell out for 2 high quality hori pads before they are even playable. Hopefully capcom bring out wireless versions or the pads they released with the anniversary collection. They were basically just the japanese sega saturn controllers, i.e. the greatest d-pad based controller ever. Also whats with game pads only having 4 face buttons now? It's a bigger sham than Sony removing rumble from their pads.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah the only way to play a Street Fighter Game is with an arcade stick. I hear those Hori Sticks are the biz. I'll probably just get a PS3 adaptor for my X-Arcade stick when this is released....or else by an arcade cabinet :)

Also I be very dissapointed if the 4 orginal bosses don't show up....I want the dictator back....and yes Akuma as well.

Hori sticks are brilliant. I bought for one for my PS2. I just hope that there'll be some sort of controller converter available for whatever console SF4 is released on. I don't fancy spending another €100 or so for another board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

u need arcade stick to play competitivley really, those pads were nice but ud get ur ask kicked with a pad.

anyway i had the xbox sfac stick, bit **** even after i modded the stick on it,
    so could a HRAP 2 [hori real arcade pro 2] to play sf3 on mame, well worth it excellent.

it wont work on ps3. Also i got a convertor, i think dreambox, 2 years ago.
    ITS ps2 to xbox, so if 360 can take old xbox controls then it will work.

other than that, no other convertors out there are any use and the one si have are solout, out of print, will never see them so easiest way is to open up the stick and replace pcb, with 360/ps3 one, very easy.

Actually there are loads of PS2-PS3 converters on ebay. So provided they work (and SF4 comes out on the PS3 of course) thats my Real Arcade Pro sorted sorted :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The playstation d-pad is even worse for these games and both controllers only have 4 face buttons, totally useless for capcom games.

I find it really tedious using any other pad for streetfighter. The playstation D-pad is the reason I spent 60 euro on a PS3 controller just to play Street Fighter 3 online on my PC with MAME.

I don't have a PS3.

Wish I coulda found a converter though, so as to use my ps1 pads.

Don't like the R2 and L2 buttons on the PS3 pad. Not the best for beat 'em ups.
    Also, I find the new shape due to the new back buttons totally kills my knuckle on my middle finger on my left hand.

The curvier shape at the back digs into my finger when I pull off moves with the d-pad. Really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

With Street Fighter 2 HD Remix they're going to make alot of the moves easier to do on a pad (all 3 button moves changed to 2 button, 360 alternate motions etc - note easier, not retardedly easy like the Gamecube SF game). Hopefully they'll follow suit for the SF4 controls because while I'd never dream of playing on a pad (even a 6 button one) that's the way most people are going to end up playing it.

Cunny-Funt wrote:
    Wish I coulda found a converter though, so as to use my ps1 pads.
    I got a converter in GAME for less than 15e, and I'm sure they still have them.
    Try the usual online shops, too (Play, Play-Asia, DealExtreme etc).

http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=usb+ps2+convertor

I have one of the blue ones and so does my friend. They work fine. Mucho cheap too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

With Street Fighter 2 HD Remix they're going to make alot of the moves easier to do on a pad (all 3 button moves changed to 2 button, 360 alternate motions etc - note easier, not retardedly easy like the Gamecube SF game). Hopefully they'll follow suit for the SF4 controls because while I'd never dream of playing on a pad (even a 6 button one) that's the way most people are going to end up playing it.

Yeah I heard about that. I dunno if I get it. I guess its cause I tend to play as the "Shotos" in other words ryu ken akuma etc.

So I can do fireballs and so forth np with a pad. I'm assuming its the Zangief characters who's specials are more "flamboyant" that this "dumbing down" is for.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I got a converter in GAME for less than 15e, and I'm sure they still have them.
    Try the usual online shops, too (Play, Play-Asia, DealExtreme etc).
    Creature wrote: »
    http://search.ebay.ie/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=usb+ps2+convertor

I have one of the blue ones and so does my friend. They work fine. Mucho cheap too :D

I tried everywhere for one of those a year ago and nothing. And I didn't go the online root for lack of a credit card.

Advertisement