Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need to put power in a van

• 29-12-2007 5:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭

hello

Im making a ob Van and it will need alot of power. 12 tvs, a dvd recorder, a pc, etc etc etc

in total ill need about 20 plugs..

now some venues will have power on tap what is the standerd?

and the generater option? whats the option? lol

sorry i really have no idea what im on about and sort of forgot about this problum...

is there anyone who is a motorhome sparky in dublin who would know these sort of things...
    would i be able to do it myself? im on a really tight budget and as i allready said forgot about it :o and i think this will put us over budget :(

any help would be great
    anto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

In order of rising cost:

You wire everything for 230V, put a 230v socket on your van and only use your gizmos where you can get enough 230v current to run it all (kinda pointless)

You wire everything for 230V and get yourself a good quality (ie. expensive) sine wave generator, that produces enough current to feed it all and in a clear sine wave, so that it doesn't fry your sensitive equipment. You can only use your equipment where you can run he genny (semi-pointless)

You do it properly, with a bank of big batteries, a rack of inverters and a big alternator to charge the batteries while driving, backing the whole thing up with a 230v charger and/or a genny.
    Depending on the size of the batteries you might just about get an hours worth of entertainment out of your equipment before you have to run the genny, the engine or go and find 230V (still kinda pointless, considering the cost)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The van would be used as a outside broadcast unit (record live tv), id say ill have to use a generater, cant be losing power while the show is on :) ya i was thinking that, use normal plugs to a fuse board and then let a sparky do the rest... id say we will rent a biggish gen for the events you know the ones that you hitch up to the back of the van. ill just park it away from the van when i have to use it ;) for the noise..

Advertisement