Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

turning my tower into a studio

Options
  • 29-12-2007 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

hey,

with all your much apreciated great help im gunna upgrade my ram to 2gig from 256mb.

im gunna be using an emachines desktop 420 for recording my bands work, with the use of heavy hardware such as 16track mixers and hopefuly an mbox or some fancy sound card.

the comp is roughly about 3/4 maybe 5 years old and running windows xp service pack 2, its been thru alot like plenty of heavy downloading, wiping, installing, then completely reinstalling windows to clear bugs and viruses etc and im starting to get suspiciouse about my processor.

a freind of mine who is a mature comp tech told me processors dont die down,

but if i bought more ram, would my computer be much better or would my processor be still able to keep up with the heavy demand of plug ins im guna use??

all the help will be great!
    nick

Advertisement