Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catterys

• 29-12-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just a quick question about catterys. do they let the cats out to wander at all or do they just keep them in cages for the time they are there? i have to put my 2 cats into one for 2 weeks but would hate to think of them couped up for all that time. thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eviecarwash

Hi there,
    We've left our cats in a few catteries over the years and there's a pen for each cat with an indoor bit and an outdor bit usually so they get the fresh air but then can come in out of the cold. Except the one in Clondalkin, that's all indoor. I find our cats always put on a bit of weight after a visit to a cattery but no harm done!
    HTH,
    Eviecarwash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The one we leave our cats in has an indoor pen that reaches from floor to ceiling with 3 or 4 shelves that the cats can climb up onto to sleep or just mess around. There's a cat-flap that leads to an outdoor pen as well that has a few things that they can climb up on and admire the view.

The best thing is to ring and ask any prospective cattery owner if you can come and have a a look first to put your mind at rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭superficies

Ark Vets in Dun Laoghaire have an indoor play area as well and are highly recommended - our cat always stays there and she seems to quite like it (as much as cats do, of course). But yes, ringing up in advance and just checking it out - and even visiting to see what it's like - seems a good idea to me, especially for a long (i.e. more than a weekend) visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Alun wrote: »
    The one we leave our cats in has an indoor pen that reaches from floor to ceiling with 3 or 4 shelves that the cats can climb up onto to sleep or just mess around. There's a cat-flap that leads to an outdoor pen as well that has a few things that they can climb up on and admire the view.

The best thing is to ring and ask any prospective cattery owner if you can come and have a a look first to put your mind at rest.

Could you tell me which one that is. i usually put my dog in corncrake kennels, but dont think they have a large area for cats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Could you tell me which one that is. i usually put my dog in corncrake kennels, but dont think they have a large area for cats.
    It's called Moggies'n'Doggies and is situated down in Glenealy in Co. Wicklow ... don't know if that might be too far for you? I can PM you the details of you want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement