Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drain Clearing Company and Safety

Options
  • 29-12-2007 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

My parent's neighbours were having problems with their sewers on Christmas Eve and had to call in a company to clear them out. They chose the biggest one in town - you all can probably guess who it is.

The drain clearing guy needed to work from a manhole very near my parent's back door. To get the cover off, he asked my mum if she had a screwdriver. Didn't he have his own tools, she enquired. Well yes, but they were in his truck around the corner!!! He was too lazy to get them. Apparently he also came with an empty water tank in his truck and had to go off and get it filled. These guys charge by the hour!!

After the job was finished. It was dark. And hadn't our friend left the manhole uncovered! There is a 6 foot drop in that hole! My parents are elderly. My dad uses the outside loo and to get to it you need to step on the manhole. Someone could have been killed. Mum called the company and got onto the guy who came out and gave out stink to him. Don't these companies not have safety procedures that must be strictly adhered to?

Advertisement