Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese vegetarian cooking

• 29-12-2007 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys, I just started posting chinese recipes on to my blog, www.sanshou.typepad.com. It is new, in fact I have only two recipes , but better than nothing. I will put more regularly.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Cool, will keep an eye on it. Have you got any good ones with tofu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Dawei

Yup a lot tofu ideas

I really appreciate this idea.

My local chinese cooks the best tofu. I think they buy it in marianated in the sauce. It is crispy on the outside and the sauce is held in the middle making it juicy.
    Do you know how I can achieve this effect?

Moonbaby. have a look my blog , read the post SHAO AUBERGINE, the method is very similar, the problem is that the cooker they use in a take away gives really high pressure heat which enables the chef to heat up everything really fast. You know the way that when you fry chips when you take it out from a fryer it is so crispy, but after awhile it will go soft, so the secret is to put them into the sauce ( the sauce is thicken by the potato flour) as soon as you take them out from the fryer. And the oil needs to be really hot when you fry the second time, as it is only to make things crispy. Hope that helps.

I never thought to deep fry tofu.
    I'll give that a go.....thanks Dawei :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Good luck with it. Nice blog. Keep those recipes coming.

I tried the tofu and it was exactly right!
    I have spent years trying to figure that out!
    Thanks very much :)

Hey Moonbaby, glad to hear that , that made my day,

Advertisement