Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband very slow lately?

Options
  • 29-12-2007 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

I've got 6mb NTL (always had their max broadband pack since they started doing broadband) and have never had any problems with performance, consistantly getting close to max speeds. However, for the last couple of weeks i've noticed really poor performance; pages are taking far too long to load and i'm getting ping spikes in CS:S. These spikes seems to happen roughly every 10 to 20 mins, and will send my ping from its usual steady 30ish to between 250 and 350, where it will stay for about 20 - 30 seconds.
    Is anyone else noticing anything similar? Im in the walkinstown area :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Here's mine in Waterford. Very consistent.

216479655.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shigsy

Cheers for the reply. I tried the same speed test and im getting about 5750 down and 415 up, with a ping of 67. Hopefully I wont have to move to Waterford to fix the problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Shigsy wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply. I tried the same speed test and im getting about 5750 down and 415 up, with a ping of 67. Hopefully I wont have to move to Waterford to fix the problem :)

:D That sounds about right. But sure you'll be welcome here anyway!:)

Advertisement