Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can you buy a mouse trap(Dublin)?

Options
  • 29-12-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I'm hearing some mice in the apartment so i want to lay a few traps and get them out of it. Anybody recommend where they are sold?

In the Rathemines area preferably but could go to town either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

Howya Woody, I've just caught a few mice in our house with traps bought from Atlantic Homecare. I'm quite sure that Woodies will have them too and pretty much any half decent hardware store should sell them too...

The ones I bought were black plastic pre-baited ones with a beast of a snap on them! AH has a varied range of products from the basic wooden ones up to the more fancy models. They also sell plug-in ultrasonic rodent repelling devices too. I bought one of them too. I believe they wont banish already existing mice but they will deter new ones from coming in. Since I caught ours I haven't heard anything further in the walls...

Hope that's helpful...

Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Head wrote: »

The ones I bought were black plastic pre-baited ones with a beast of a snap on them!

I think i know the ones, good snap on them, clean kill, but I prefer decent bait. The old fashioned wooden and brass one works fine. I have used both together in the shed and the wood and brass ones with a bit of meat worked better (more caught)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

heard that mouse traps are going to be banned within the EU during 2008

eurocracy gone mad :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

I wonder will that include the ones that capture the mice alive? I presume the reasoning behind the ban would be the cruelty thing, hence my thoughts that it would not include the live traps...

Trap Head

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

They have the handy reusable plastic ones in Tescos they work a treat and are easier to use and empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most hardware shops will have mousetraps. I prefer the traditional wooden type with the brass mechanism. Be sure to have the trigger set so it will 'snap' easily - otherwise the mice could easily make off with the bait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Woody,
    you should get them (several types) in Lenehans (Rathmines opp Garda Stn), also in Capel Street. Dec Wells Hardware in Georges St also and Churchtown Stores DIY beside SuperValu on Braemore Rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

If you just want to get them out you could also try the electronic pest scaring devices that plug into a 13 amp socket. I was very skeptical but bought a pack of them on special offer and think they have worked really well. They are supposed to create a sound that mice and rats keep clear of. Has no effect our cats or dogs but seems to have reduced the mice population considerably. Having an old house with a thatched roof there’s no way we'd ever have a zero rodent population. Trick with these devices is to let them have a "view" of the room, so if you put one in a socket behind the sofa it will only keep the area behind the sofa free of mice, larger rooms may need more than one. Even many of the super markets sell these now so you can get them with your weekly shopping.

Advertisement