Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Insurance

Options
  • 29-12-2007 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Got renewal notice from Allianz quoted € 863.08. Thought it seemed high, so I called, they said it was less than previous year ( € 920.00+/-):eek:

Made 2 quick online enquiries :

Insure123.ie € 524.36

Eagle Star € 464.34

Inertia is expensive, but it'll change. I'd love to report Allianz, fleecing ********!

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Report them for what ? Are they breaking some law ? I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Plus, not all policies are equal in terms of coverage.

Cheaper isn't always nessecarily better. Everyone should shop around for these kind of products.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

The difficulty with Home Insurance is knowing what sort of cover you need - this is a useful guide from the Society of Chartered Surveyors:

http://www.scs.ie/press/Rebuiding_Insurance.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I'd love to report Allianz, fleecing ********!

Report them for what? Charging a different price to their competitors?

Go to the company where you get the cheapest insurance.

On the other side of things my girlfriends house insurance iswith allianz and her quote was half what Hibernian quoted her at renewal and the lowest she could get in the market (she checked everywhere and with every company and telephone broker).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Plus, not all policies are equal in terms of coverage.

Cheaper isn't always nessecarily better. Everyone should shop around for these kind of products.

Disagree, comparable policies do exist ie same cover, same excess and pretty much same claim procedures.

Underwriters differ but so what?

Suppose you didn't think I was comparing like with like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I was speaking in general :)

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

And the irony is if you rang Allianz and told them that you had been quoted 450 odd by Eagle Star that they would probably match the rate.

Advertisement