Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boot Leaking

Options
  • 29-12-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,ive an issue with my 01 Fiesta where the boot is filling up with water.
    Its been happening for the last 2/3 weeks now but is very apparent now caus of our recent heavy rainfall.Ive checked for any kind of leaks,or breaks in the seal or nething.I cant find a thing,anything u cud recommend to find the spot where the water is making its way in,or shud i just go to a garage???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Just a guess - blocked drainhole(s) in one of the gutters?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If you do take it to a garage, they'll probably "volunteer" their smallest apprentice to climb in with a torch before they then hose the back end so that he can see where the leak is. Have you got any willing small friends?:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

ejmaztec wrote: »
    If you do take it to a garage, they'll probably "volunteer" their smallest apprentice to climb in with a torch before they then hose the back end so that he can see where the leak is. Have you got any willing small friends?:)

The fiesta has a removable parcel shelf and folding rear seats. get someone to spray the hose over the car. You should find your leak easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Also might be worth checking that it's not the rear windscreen sprayer that's leaking into the boot, try turning this on and see if any more water appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It could also be coming in through a dodgy tail lamp seal.

The above suggestions of using a hose and a 'small friend' are well worth following up. It's exactly what any garage will do and charge you for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,071 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

crosstownk wrote: »
    It could also be coming in through a dodgy tail lamp seal.

The above suggestions of using a hose and a 'small friend' are well worth following up. It's exactly what any garage will do and charge you for it.

Or a medium size friend as I was reminded by Kikel that it's a hatchback!:D

Advertisement