Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emulation issues

Options
  • 29-12-2007 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭

Okie dokie. I mentioned this in another post as a side note but it got overlooked.

A few years ago I broke disk one of my copy of FFVIII so I asked a japanese friend to pick me up a copy of the japanese version while he was at home. I don't have a japanese console so I'm just looking for a good emulator that I can use to play it with as few bugs as possible.

The closest I've gotten so far has been Connectix VGS which, while slow, I thought was working out fine. However, when I got into my first battle, the menu didn't appear, so I had to work from memory to know what I was doing... While this is bearable, I'd like to know if there is a way to fix this, so any advice is much appreciated!

~fin~

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ePSXe is the only PS1 emulator you should bother with. If your game doesn't work with it you can just download new plugins that will fix any issues with particular games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

I tried it a while back but I don't think it supports the japanese format. That was a while ago though, so it might be worth trying again...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Make sure if you're playing the japanese version of the game that you have the japanese firmware too..

Oh, so you can d/l that for ePSXe? I'll give that a go then. Hopefully it'll work. Thanks!

I finally found a patch for it and it's working perfectly! Thanks for the feedback!

Perfect game time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement